First project :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First project :)

Hey everyone, first post here... Anywhere actually. My brother showed me the fourm(eric909). Recently i bought my first project with him (the 500 dollar mk2 jetta). Im learning alot from eric and we are making good progress. So far we have prepped it for paint and are now working on a front end conversion to the circle lights, also just picking up some bbs RAs on saturday. I look forward to learning alot more and want any advice i can get. First bit of advice... I need some color ideas for the car...

Kyle

Re: First project

Black Magic Pearl is always a nice choice.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

i knew this thread would be coming along soon enough haha. im looking foreward to see what happens with it,and to help out when i get the chances. welcome to the forums bud.

as for the color or the jetta, my vote is to keep it clean and simple. eric has probly told you but i think you should go for someting along the lines of this:

i think it would look nice with the chrome bbs'. Maybe add a little bit of that sparkle like the laguna blue's have on it. (on the mk4 jettas/gli's)

Comment

Try a Audi/BMW color code.. What is it, le mans blue? From BMW you might like : D Get adventurous! At the end of the day it's your car, so design it your way.
        Chris - TR 03' Wolfsburg

Comment

Monte Carlo Blue!

MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

If you want to look through paint color chips let me know.....
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Single rounds new paint and bbs. You my friend are on the right track
              Last edited by boostedmk4; 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM.
              Certified 3m installer
              jwukovits@me.com
              1-403-988-9012
              Instagram @Protectit
              I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
              2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
              2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

If you're looking at paint colors, do some soul searching first. If you are anal about your car and are willing to put in the work to make it look shiny and great at all times, go for a nice black (or dark color). Black is a love hate relationship as it is one of the nicest colors when its waxed and shiny, but the most pain in the a$$ to keep clean. If you're gonna be lazy and not wash your car for weeks/months, go with a silver. It hides dirt and dust really well so even after a few weeks it still looks clean unless you look really close.

And considering your young, I will repeat what I told you at the show. The list of priorities is 1) Maintenance, 2) Aesthetics, 3) Engine Mods. I dont wanna see zip ties and duct tape holding bumpers on. Do the sh!t once and do it right!!!!

Best of luck with the car!
                Patryk
                Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                08 VW .:R32
                04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I like the various shades of brown on these MKII's. Good luck and keep it clean!
                  Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

I don't mind this.

Kim

Comment

King ranch red

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148346

Comment

^^^Such a beautiful car ruined with such brutal headlights. Yes I know they are OEM HID just joey modded, but they really look just awful!!!
                        Patryk
                        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                        08 VW .:R32
                        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I completely agree. A set of non joey modded OEM HID's would make the car look sooooo much better

Comment

Nice choice on the MK2 Jetta - this was my first VW back in the day (white Carat edition)

Ya, getting the colour right can be tricky - a certain cars do just look better in some shades... I like the understated or classy colours on your ride personally but as already stated - you'll have to do some soul searching.

Keep us posted!
                            Work - houzz / linkedin
                            Play - haldex swap

Comment

MK2's are awesome project cars...and there are soooo many of them around to get parts from...you should post up some before pics!!!
                              Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                              Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                              X