X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: From China with Love

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
    Happy Birthday Jerry.
    Seats look pretty nice. I need to ask because as you know search isn't easy here, was it done in Calgary or Vancouver?
    Just bought some suede material in Guangzhou and thinking about doing the same.
    Its done by Velocity Upholstry in Vancouver (Surrey to be exact) and I'm in Vancouver for school so it's not hard for me to get it to him in person. I've hear about his work and seen a set or two done for calgary guys back then and remembered his name from since, he has lots of seats shipped in to get done, quality work and awesome customer service! But as of Calgary locally I don't know of anyone, however Jay(Jaysleeves) R32 seats were redone in beige leather by some company in Calgary and they looked mint, you could ask him if you want them done locally.
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

ooooh baby.
      Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
      ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
      PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
        Its done by Velocity Upholstry in Vancouver (Surrey to be exact) and I'm in Vancouver for school so it's not hard for me to get it to him in person. I've hear about his work and seen a set or two done for calgary guys back then and remembered his name from since, he has lots of seats shipped in to get done, quality work and awesome customer service! But as of Calgary locally I don't know of anyone, however Jay(Jaysleeves) R32 seats were redone in beige leather by some company in Calgary and they looked mint, you could ask him if you want them done locally.
        Thanks Jerry, I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
          Thanks Jerry, I'll look into it.
          Too bad, I JUST threw out my receipt for the upholstery place that did my rabbit years ago. They were really good, had some decent stuff in there. Was in the NE somewhere.
          Jay

Comment

Nice. We need to meet up sometime

Comment

Originally posted by nismodrifter View Post
              Nice. We need to meet up sometime
              For sure, the Jetta will come out of hibernation in May, and I'll hit you up then
              Current Fleet
              2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Nice. I hope to have my 348 here this summer some time. vroom vroom.

Comment

I think you are overdue for a big burnout Jerry
                  ~~TODD~~
                  '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dubbs View Post
                    I think you are overdue for a big burnout Jerry
                    Lmao I just picked up some new rubber last night, maybe I'll burn the old ones out before I put new tires on
                    Last edited by kujiwara; 03-04-2017, 03:35 PM.
                    Current Fleet
                    2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

• Three Part Update Coming Soon!

For those who doesn't follow me on Instagram and wondered why this thread stopped for the past few months, don't worry I didn't die, and my car is still in one piece, it's just that school and work stuff was crazy hectic for me in the past few months, but I'm free for two months now.

The custom headlights were done in May then I took the car out of storage. I also picked up a new Canon T6i since my iPhone 6 camera was dying and the 12 year old Nikon D70s literally died after my grandpa gave it to me for one week.

Anyways, I'm currently on a 5000mile road trip which I have planned for since I was 15, and since this forum has been great to me for the past few years I'll be prepping a three part update(new mods, track setup, and my road trip) for this thread after I return to Calgary midweek next week, but as for now here are a few teasers.

Current Fleet
                      2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Great pics!! I look forward to the full write up!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Such a great car, love seeing the pics!
                          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Awesome! Look forward to those pics!

Comment

• The US101 Coastal Highway, Day 1 & 2 of 17

Over the next few days I'll write up a detailed story of my USA trip, prepare yourselves for 150+ photos of our 17-day trip through 8 states on the western end of USA!

Our trip began in Vancouver BC, we decided to drive the entire way to LA thru the US101 coastal highway, the first destination of day 1 is on the north-western coast of Oregon called Cannon beach. Although we see the ocean all the time while I took school in Vancouver, the US coast is a completely different story, the tides are strong and the skyline is clean and clear. The roads on the west coast are twisty, fast, smooth, and beautiful.

A massive rock at Cannon beach.

Normal vehicles are not allowed on the beach so I tried to drive onto the service vehicle access entrance for a quick shot.

Later that day we stayed at Tilamook in Oregon which is a small fishing town with lots of friendly people, I managed to get my car onto a fishing company's dock for a quick shot.

Day 2: We woke up early to drive through the amazing coastal mountain passes to go from northern Oregon to NoCal. And nature awarded us some gorgeous scenery along the way.

We thought it would take forever to drive 2000+kms of coastal highway but time passed by quickly because there were various small towns, beaches, cliffs and vista points to keep us busy.

We stopped by many unplanned places then realized we won't be able to get to our destination on time so we kept the foot on the throttle and drove for a few hours then I discovered a massive sand dune by the ocean! So I drove looked at the map and made a few turns then discovered one of the largest offered recreational area in Oregon!

After that we quickly head down the road towards our destination only to find ourselves stopped at another place for sightseeing, this time at a shipping dock in the middle of nowhere.

5 minutes on the road then we found a vista point to see the empty yet simply beautiful ocean and skyline.

We thought the place was so nice we decided to pullout the tripod and take some selfies.

2 hours later we stopped by a random state beach with nobody around, probably because the sand was so rough, while sandblasted us as the wind blew. But the scenery was simply too stunning so we had to bear the pain and walk around it a bit.

Maybe half an hour or so of driving later, we found my town! Jerry Road, Jerry's Jets and blahblahblah.

As the evening came, we entered California and although the roads were less smooth, the scenery only became more jaw dropping, the sunsetting put a golden shade onto everything and we couldn't help but to stop by more places.

We quickly entered the Redwood National park in NorCal and entered the best mountain pass I have ever driven, the weather was foggy, and the roads and setting had a european/southwest Germany like mood to it. I could almost say that I enjoyed this unexpected road nearly as much as driving on the Nurburgring!

As the sun set, we decided to hurry up and get to our destination. Along with a random fellow MK7 R dubber, we blasted down a few thousand feet of elevation on a 75mph mountain highway in fog and complete darkness as if I was in the game NFS Carbon Canyon. Unfortunately we did not have any footage of it but anyone who goes to NorCal have to experience the highway(US 101).
                              We ended the night at Eureka CA after almost hitting a dead deer which the car in front of us demolished. Day 3 of the trip also included some awesome adventures which I will organize and post soon!
                              Last edited by kujiwara; 07-20-2017, 11:45 PM.
                              Current Fleet
                              2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Pretty nice Jerry, seems you guys enjoyed your time there.
                                Keep pics and story coming.....

Comment

Working...
                                X