From China with Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: From China with Love

You should be talking to your insurance company.
    Graeme

2015 S4
    2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Originally posted by Triple G View Post
      You should be talking to your insurance company.
      My insurance don't give half a damn about my car although they're really responsive with my health. Because I don't have collision with my insurance, which is exactly why I'm dealing with icbc, this who dealing with who part is already sorted
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

My Cabrio is heavily modified and I would have to get it appraised and pay extra insurance on it to cover the mods it has done to it . I checked it all out last summer.. . In the end I didn't.. so it's considered a base 95 Cabrio 2.0 with 200,000 km on it .. If it gets wrote off ill buy it back and swap the VRT stuff into something else .
        12 Volvo XC 90
        03 Jetta1.8T
        95 Cabrio VRT
        90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Buy back is not an option with ICBC. They don't allow it.

I'm afraid your best bet may be to not go through with a car claim, strip the car, sell the parts or use the parts as an upgrade to a new car.

You should still be able to make a claim for the health benefits I think, just like a passenger could.
          Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-05-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
            My Cabrio is heavily modified and I would have to get it appraised and pay extra insurance on it to cover the mods it has done to it . I checked it all out last summer.. . In the end I didn't.. so it's considered a base 95 Cabrio 2.0 with 200,000 km on it .. If it gets wrote off ill buy it back and swap the VRT stuff into something else .
            Yes exactly. I had to get the Harlequin appraised this spring, to get true insurance value for it.
            Mitch

1996 Harlequin
            2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

After spent over an hour reading ICBC's Material Damage Procedure handbook, I found out that indeed the worrying fact of no buy back is true, but they have an owner retention program, where it states in icbc material damage procedure hand book section 8.5, that under special circumstances if the total loss vehicle has special value to the owner or has speciality equipment and pose no environmental risk, the owner agrees to the change of title to salvage, he or she may retain the vehicle.

So now in not so worried about being able to keep the vehicle now since everyone dealing with me knows how much money and work went into the car with proof, I just have to try as hard as I can to have the Jetta repaired, and if it's not possible I'll take the car back to Calgary and wait for the next steps
              Last edited by kujiwara; 04-06-2016, 12:08 AM.
              Current Fleet
              2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Car is broken but I dynod it with the Vancouver R club dyno shootout anyways, cammed 3.2 NA with 280HP@6700rpm and 250lbft from 3k-5k rpm at the crank. Super happy with results! Let me know what you think!

Last edited by kujiwara; 04-09-2016, 11:26 PM.
                Current Fleet
                2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Thats huge numbers for a 2.8
                  Current toys
                  2011 Tiguan 4mo, APR stage 1, lowered on 20x10.5" wheels (daily)
                  1989 Mustang 5L Cobra Clone, GT40X motor, 70MM turbo setup. (in the garage)
                  1982 VW caddy (Project)
                  1985 VW mk1 Convertible VR6 soon??? (Keepsake)
                  1990 VW mk2 GTI, UPDATE Soon to have my turbo 434.97WHP, 445WTQ motor (backburner)
                  1970 Mercedes benz w108, Baby blue on air(Sunday cruiser)
                  1992 VW Doka (parts hauler)
                  2002 Chevrolet 1 ton dually crewcab 4x4 Duramax (Toy hauler)

Comment

Originally posted by firestarter View Post
                    Thats huge numbers for a 2.8
                    Nonono it's a 3.2, but it's 280 at the crank still puts it at one of the highest street NA R32s on the interet, and they don't really have dyno sheets
                    Current Fleet
                    2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Apparently I can't read, It says that right in your post haha. Good numbers either way. Anybody remember Jeremiah from Saskatchewan with his 3.2 powered mk2 from a decade ago?? That car laid down good numbers too. Seems like the swapped cars are getting better numbers for some mystical reason, Really I am not sure on that, but it could be a trend haha.
                      Current toys
                      2011 Tiguan 4mo, APR stage 1, lowered on 20x10.5" wheels (daily)
                      1989 Mustang 5L Cobra Clone, GT40X motor, 70MM turbo setup. (in the garage)
                      1982 VW caddy (Project)
                      1985 VW mk1 Convertible VR6 soon??? (Keepsake)
                      1990 VW mk2 GTI, UPDATE Soon to have my turbo 434.97WHP, 445WTQ motor (backburner)
                      1970 Mercedes benz w108, Baby blue on air(Sunday cruiser)
                      1992 VW Doka (parts hauler)
                      2002 Chevrolet 1 ton dually crewcab 4x4 Duramax (Toy hauler)

Comment

Originally posted by firestarter View Post
                        Apparently I can't read, It says that right in your post haha. Good numbers either way. Anybody remember Jeremiah from Saskatchewan with his 3.2 powered mk2 from a decade ago?? That car laid down good numbers too. Seems like the swapped cars are getting better numbers for some mystical reason, Really I am not sure on that, but it could be a trend haha.
                        I think it's just FF cars have a little less drivetrain loss than Haldex cars so a little more whp, although I've read they dyno the same with awd fuse removed. My buddy who dynod his UM tuned, 2.5inch militek mk4 r32 on the same day made 209whp and 220lbftish, and if we use 20%loss (instead of 15%like mine) it puts him at 260hp and 270lbft at the crank, which is still 20hp over stock although I'm 20hp on top of that. His torque curve is also completely different though torque and power drops a lot earlier but I can't upload his dyno sheet until I have his permission lol
                        Last edited by kujiwara; 04-10-2016, 10:40 AM.
                        Current Fleet
                        2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Epilogue of ICREATE2.0
                          Why don't you just replace it with a R32? Out of the box, a R32 is quite a bit better than a GLI and there's no argument for that. But this little Jetta my friends and I made over the years handles so much more nimble than a R32, because 280hp NA and lsd with awesome tires doesn't need awd. After driven multiple R32s and letting their owners drive my car, they all said my car drives like nothing like they've driven before, the sensation of speed, acceleration and the feel through the suspension and steering is not something you can just buy. When I built it, driver experience was put before anything, the sensation of the suspension, sound, steering, shifter, and speed, every little detail adds up. Only the ones who drove it can appreciate the magic of this one-off style and why I'm stuck with it.
                          PS: I'll have a r32 eventually, I'll turbo and bag the crap out of it, but that's a completely different project.

Last edited by kujiwara; 04-20-2016, 01:20 AM.
                          Current Fleet
                          2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

ICBC called me today and said my car is repairable, ICBC quoted my car at around 7k of damage after extensive inspection, and they have a budget of 10k to repair, so just in case anything extra expense pop out from the actual shop estimate ill still have an extra 4k to spare. I'm going to pick up the estimate for the car tomorrow and take to my buddy's shop right after, fingers crossed Icreate 2.0 will become 2.1 instead of 3.0!
                            Last edited by kujiwara; 04-22-2016, 08:00 PM.
                            Current Fleet
                            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

That torque curve was broad, flat, and fat. Would be a shame to lose that work, hope things turn around.
                              Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                              Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                              Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                                That torque curve was broad, flat, and fat. Would be a shame to lose that work, hope things turn around.
                                Yeah hopefully! I don't want to do all of this work again because of someone else's fault. Just dropped the car off at the repair shop today and hopefully when I come back from Europe in two weeks the car will be ready to haul ass again!
                                Current Fleet
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X