Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

I was looking at 3.8l vr6 upgrade for my jetta and found out they also have stock blocks http://eurospecsport.com/products/en...6-engines.html
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
      r32?
      True true.

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
      I was looking at 3.8l vr6 upgrade for my jetta and found out they also have stock blocks http://eurospecsport.com/products/en...6-engines.html
      Interesting, my buddy found a bunch of rebuilt's too. But then there is the issue of time and space which I have neither.
      2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
      2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
        To just confirm some sort of bolt shot from outside somewhere into and through the block?
        The amount of force that would require is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
          The amount of force that would require is crazy.
          Well cast iron block... they can be brittle - know a few people who have put holes through them... one with a hammer.

Waiting on decision to write off or get new engine now.
          Last edited by Ponto; 01-10-2014, 10:36 AM.
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Just read this whole thing... Makes me sad. The caveat of owning a rare car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
              Just read this whole thing... Makes me sad. The caveat of owning a rare car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Thanks... Yeah It's tough. Sleep has not been going well with wondering what is gonna happen.

I did find a twin Lava Grey 3.2 in Vancouver. But actually a guy in Montreal has a 2009 Ibis White Facelift 3.2 - Speaking of rare, only 50 or so 3.2's were sold as facelifts in 2009 in Canada. haha His has some nice work done to it too, but he isn't selling til fall.

I am getting ahead of myself though, they may very well fix it. Or give me a low ball buyout and Ill be fucked.
              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

If you get the option of repair....shoehorn the 3.6 VR6 from the R36/A6!

Comment

Originally posted by ML16 View Post
                  If you get the option of repair....shoehorn the 3.6 VR6 from the R36/A6!
                  Would love to, but its currently at a dealer... 1200km away so that might be hard to swing.

If it was here, possibly. But I don't have the time or space to keep the car not to mention its my daily... 3.6 would be awesome.

2.5T to make it an RS3 underneath would be even more amazing - but that would be a nightmare.
                  2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Well I'm in Vancouver and in my building the monthly parking fee for a stall is $25. So in case of write-off, if you want to park it here for a few months, that would be possible while you figure out what to do.
                    Last edited by witchcraftz; 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                      Well I'm in Vancouver and in my building the monthly parking fee for a stall is $25. So in case of write-off, if you want to park it here for a few months, that would be possible while you figure out what to do.
                      Cool thanks for the offer man! I got a few friends there as well as my girlfriend. Also had a few buddies with truck and trailers offer to help me go pick it up and haul it back. We shall see what happens. If it's a write off its gotta be a pretty awesome deal on the buy back to do it me thinks.
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                        Would love to, but its currently at a dealer... 1200km away so that might be hard to swing.

If it was here, possibly. But I don't have the time or space to keep the car not to mention its my daily... 3.6 would be awesome.

2.5T to make it an RS3 underneath would be even more amazing - but that would be a nightmare.
                        Fair call. I know its a golf, but this is one from back home for some inspiration: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tw0r/6193559920/

Comment

Originally posted by ML16 View Post
                          Fair call. I know its a golf, but this is one from back home for some inspiration: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tw0r/6193559920/
                          Unnfff that would be amazing. Wonder how hard it would be to convince a dealership to put a 3.6 in.. :/
                          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Well with all this hustle and bustle I completely forgot about the pictures I took not to long before the imminent demise of my car.

Morning started off with dropping the girlfriend off at school, then hitting the road to an awesome sunrise!

The new bridge in Vancouvers bay is pretty awesome, wish I got better pictures of it.

And of course before I got to far... FUEL

Back on the road.

Roads were all open! So that was a bonus. Since I never really check the passes for conditions.

And managed one last stop before the break down. At least it was a pretty spot! And got some good pictures.

Enjoy!!

Should hear today or tomorrow the fate of the car. At in that point in time, drinks may be called for! haha
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

And of course.

2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

And it's dead.

RIP.
                                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X