Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Every good story always leaves people wanting more though right?
    2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
    2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

That Happened.

Before everyone's goes off about how it must have come from the inside, its been well established it has come from the outside.

My Car currently sits at the Langley Audi Dealership - waiting on the word from insurance if I get a new engine, or its a write off.

Waiting is brutal.

I will update as we go along. And well eventually post the pictures from the roadtrip itself as it was a lot of fun and the car was awesome through the mountains... Until coming back when I was just passed Hope BC, with no service when that threaded rod found its way into my engine block.

640 dollar tow later...
      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I just don't even understand how in the world that would have got in there.......
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
          I just don't even understand how in the world that would have got in there.......
          We don't either, but there it sits... The belly pan does have a chunk missing on the side this happened so there was a hole for it to get into there. But its crazy. Audi is baffled, I am baffled, my own mechanic is baffled.

Audi themselves clearly stated it had to come from outside, that Audi does not use double nutted bolts.
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Adjuster is supposed to show up at the dealer today to look at the car and determine it's fate.
            Last edited by Ponto; 01-09-2014, 02:35 PM.
            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

To just confirm some sort of bolt shot from outside somewhere into and through the block?
              Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Natty54 View Post
                To just confirm some sort of bolt shot from outside somewhere into and through the block?
                That is what Audi has determined happened. 1 in a billion chance. But that is correct.

And well for now a few pictures I have of the drive to Vancouver. Will post more later. It was a lot of fun and the car is amazing in the mountains. Let's just hope it gets to make this drive back soon.

At my mom's before hitting the road

Since it's a 3.2 of course

Oh Scenery

More gas

Wildlife bridge!

Fun mountain roads!! I will say traveling on Christmas day the highways were dead!!

Bathroom break

Next morning at my sisters place in Vernon!

All I got for now good friends, more to come soon
                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

wow thats pretty crazy

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

Comment

Ouch... I know just how brutal an expensive breakdown far from home can be, hope this pans out in your favour.
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                    Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Quote came in at $16,000 for the new motor.

Sent from my Igloo
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                        Quote came in at $16,000 for the new motor.

Sent from my Igloo
                        Dam!

Could get a used motor?

Comment

Dam!

Could get a used motor?
                          Well it's an insurance claim now due to it being Road debris . So will either be fixed or written off.

Sent from my Igloo
                          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                            Well it's an insurance claim now due to it being Road debris . So will either be fixed or written off.

Sent from my Igloo
                            I have seen insurance companies use used parts before if the customer allows it

Comment

I have seen insurance companies use used parts before if the customer allows it
                              Yeah but where you gonna find a used 3.2 block aside from a written off TT or rare A3..only 50 some A3's with the 3.2 were sold in Canada. Lol.

Sent from my Igloo
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

r32?

Comment

Working...
                                X