Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
    The traction was brutal. Compared to my last A3 with cheapo winters these didn't even come close to the same amount of grip. (not that I expected them too, just what the car came with)

The wear as well was bad, one tire was a little low when I got the car so not sure if that affected the wear, but my god were they noisy once the snow was gone.

All in all just reaffirms that i will always run dedicated winters. So will be replacing them this fall!
    Weird, I never had any of these issues with my WRG2s either. I ran them for 60,000km,m when I sold the car with them, there was still 5/16th tread left and had good grip.

It's not a Hakkapeliitta but it sure beats any all season tire.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
      Weird, I never had any of these issues with my WRG2s either. I ran them for 60,000km,m when I sold the car with them, there was still 5/16th tread left and had good grip.

It's not a Hakkapeliitta but it sure beats any all season tire.
      Well they were already worn before I got them, so not brand new... That could have part to do with it as well. Regardless not a good experience and will sticking to my winters!

Installed the hub rings and rear coils got tweaked a bit at Dubsport today, no mo rubbing! Richard is awesome.

And more pictures are always good.
      2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
      2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

So after a 3rd wheel balancing i no longer have any vibration... Lesson? Go get road force balance done first time around...
        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Well the other weekend I did a nice 2600km Road trip to visit the girlfriend who is going to school in Vancouver.

Started off Wednesday night, first stretch is straight and boring so didn't take many pictures. Stopped about an hour in to get some food before the remaining 7ish hours of driving.

Quickly got back on the road to some heavy downpour.

Which continued for about 2 and a half hours til I got just past Calgary. After that it cleared up real nice as I got into the mountains!

Sun was just setting when I pulled in to Canmore so I snapped a nice little picture.

Which also gave me some nice sunset shots along the highway too!!

(Nice thing about living up here is we get long sunsets in the summer!)

Also went through my favorite stretch of road.

Continued driving til about midnight or so when I got to my sisters in Vernon and crashed for the night! Next day spent the morning with her and my Niece and Nephews and did some mountain biking before continuing onto Vancouver!

More to come!
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Second day! Got on the road shortly after noon and a quick car wash for the dirty girl.

Then bam! On the highway, this stretch of road has quite the different views than the first bit. Amazing how much it changes over a few hundred miles.

Stopped to take some pictures along the way as well!

Getting close! Less than an hour to Vancouver at this point!

Fuel got more expensive the further west I went too...

That's per litre, so if I was to do an entire full tank it would be close to $90.00 to fill... haha And still no where near as bad as Europe.

Pulling into Van and hitting their new fancy bridge.

The old one is still being dismantled off to the left.

here is where the road trip out stops. 1300km or so completed so far! Was a great drive and loved the car. The KW V1's did a great job through the mountains and twisties!
            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Great reporting, Ryan, and equally awesome pics.
              sigpic
              Instagram: @ed_kisov

BMW 435i xDrive ///M Performance
              ex MK6 Golf R RB
              ex MK6 GTI CSG
              ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
              ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

Originally posted by mrvwguy View Post
                Great reporting, Ryan, and equally awesome pics.
                Thanks eddy!

Sent from my Igloo
                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

love. the a3 looks awesome .

Comment

Hey, if you're still in Vancouver on Tuesday maybe we can meet up, would love to meet more members.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                      Hey, if you're still in Vancouver on Tuesday maybe we can meet up, would love to meet more members.
                      Already been home for a week! I forgot you were out there. Next time!
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

And now for the trek back home after an awesome weekend! Hit the road early after dropping the girlfriend off for school!

Nice sunny day for a drive home, sure can't complain for how much the coast usually gets rain right?

Before I could really make some miles though I had a pit stop to make!

TURBO TIME!!!!

Kidding. I wish. Only shy a few thousand grand. haha But I did get a tour of the shop, doing a lot of cheap TDI conversions there. Picked up 6 puck mounts and got back on the road!

Amazing view to start off into the Rockies. Love it every time.

Tunnel!!!! God I need exhaust... so quiet. Too Quiet!!

Making decent time, love driving this car, so comfy.

Train!!

Amazing how barren an area that has a bad forest fire gets.

Then back into the lush stuff!

And pit stop!!

Ahead you see the impressive Mount Robson, Kicking myself for not getting a picture of my car with it, passed a perfect spot too. :(

Endless amazing views for the entire drive.

Picked up a friend along the way, Jetta TDI - had some work done to it, but still fairly stock me thinks.

Got stuck behind a cop for way to long stuck going way to slow for some time. So I took another pit stop for more pitures!

Back in Alberta - can ramp up the speed again finally.

Hit a milestone along the way!

And a mere 11.5 hours later and a total of 2600km I made it back home safe and sound!

Still light out even, at 9:30 pm.

Hope you all enjoy!!
                        Last edited by Ponto; 06-30-2014, 07:50 PM.
                        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Thanks for sharing Ponto!
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
                            Thanks for sharing Ponto!
                            My pleasure!

Sent from my Igloo
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Car washed and detailed today. Exhaust ordered. Should be here Wednesday, install that along with my hpa puck mount and 034 rear sway! Should make a bit of difference haha.

Sent from my Igloo
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

AudiUSA used your photo on facebook

Pat

His
                                1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                                1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                                1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                                2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                                Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Working...
                                X