Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
    Sloppy trannies are least likey to blow, because they can take the transitions slowly.
    Well guess I shouldn't say it was the transmission is it was just the engine movement causing the slop.

Originally posted by Mr.Avant View Post
    I wanna hear this thing but i cant imagine the drone being to bad.... all the magnaflow kits I've listened to have had no previous complaints?

Small resonator welded inline to reduce it?
    It has a resonator inline already doesn't it? lol Its fine when its cooler, but once its hot (long highway trip) it's loud enough that my auto volume on the radio turns up haha.
    2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
    2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Should see if you can do an R32 style exhaust with the flapper. It was so nice to go from quiet note to insane!
      sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
      His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
      Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
      Past:
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
      B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
      2004 .:R32 BMP
      2001.5 Noggy blue s4
      2000 VW GTI 1.8T
      1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
        It has a resonator inline already doesn't it? lol Its fine when its cooler, but once its hot (long highway trip) it's loud enough that my auto volume on the radio turns up haha.
        Yeah, sounds like it's too loud then.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
          Yeah, sounds like it's too loud then.
          Or I just enjoy the music lol. Nice little feature the auto level. Works surprisingly well regardless of exhaust.
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

From tonight's sunset!

Sent from my Igloo
            Last edited by Ponto; 09-05-2014, 08:09 AM.
            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Did someone say road trip??

2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

There's some recaros in Vancouver. Want to snatch those up for me?

Comment

There's some recaros in Vancouver. Want to snatch those up for me?
                  Hmm would have to bring roof rack to fit bike and seats then... Dooable though. Brent wanted me to grab some painting for him as well.
                  2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Not sure if I'm serious or not. When's the trip?

Comment

Not sure if I'm serious or not. When's the trip?
                      Leaving on the 18th, return on the 28th
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Well after I get back from Vacation some goodies are going to be on the way!! Yay!

Updates to follow.

Last edited by Ponto; 09-16-2014, 07:49 AM.
                        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Almost time to come home.

Rainy day in Vancouver today.

And while I was in Seattle buddy had these for me.

5 cree led reverse bulbs. Should pump out about 400 lumens.

This is also shipping out Monday to meet me at home.

Sent from my Igloo
                          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

And home!!

Travel journal style post to follow tonight.
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Well here we go! Not sure if any of you actually read any of these or not haha but what the hell!

Day 1...

We have been swamped at work lately so after getting in at 6am working til 5pm it was time to hit the road!

Full tank of gas and car loaded I was on the road, first up massive overpass going in on the south side of the city. It was easier to build the overpass, then realign the highway under it. Will be tying into one of our developments to the west after.

Being on the highway is always a good feeling, love driving (as I am sure you all know by now!) And even more so with this view.

Beautiful evening to be on the highway as well!

And luckily managed to snap a cool sunset shot through the tree's while driving.

I loved how golden the wheat fields all looked with the sun setting on them! It may be flat but the prairies can still offer some good views!

Ooook after 3+ hours the flat straight roads do start to get very boring haha.

As I left the flat grounds of Alberta I ventured into the darkness and the rockies! Shame cause I love driving through the mountains. Guess the one plus side is the highways are dead at night!

Then it got really dark...

From here I continued on til about 2am when I arrived at my sisters place in Vernon for the night! Was a long haul after a full day of work, but good to have a majority of the drive taken care of.

Day 1 approx. distace = 840km

Day 2 to follow!
                              Last edited by Ponto; 09-29-2014, 07:42 PM.
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Hows about Day 2!!

Spend the morning with my sister and her kids, farmers market, few kid games, trampoline etc. nice relaxed morning before hitting the road around 1 in the afternoon.

Little cloudy of a morning, but good for a drive. (What day isn't though right?)

View's through this area very different from the Rockies, reminds me a lot of italy actually and well makes sense since its BC's wine country. (some cool wineries there as well)

Loving the new increased speed limits though! Makes a big difference really and well proven to be safer. More consistent speed of cars on the highway = less accidents. Wish Alberta would smarten up.

Came to a bit of a peak, some amazing views overlooking the valleys!

Morning coffee kicked in.

Clouds started to clear up, and it was turning out to be a great day!

Ok maybe not, but still great driving weather, no sun in the eyes, cool fall temps - perfect really.

And of course, once you get closer to the coast what do you get? Yeaa rain, always with the rain.

Enroute to HPA and there was this...

Not exactly sure what he was doing up there haha, but he was just getting out of his car when I passed. Maybe avoided an accident? Not sure. But had a nice visit at HPA, pucked up yet another puck mount.. This time for a guy in South Africa with a bad as S3 (3 door) on air... Will dig up pictures. But he was coming to USA for H20i so figured we could help him out, I pick up the mount, drop it off with buddy in Bellingham and he shipped it out east to our friend on the coast going to h2oi, the power of the A3 group haha.

Obligatory bridge shot arriving to Vancouver.

And this is pretty much the end of Day 2.

Approx. Distance = 440km

Trip Total = 1,280km

Enjoyed the rest of the day in Van with the girlfriend, had dinner etc nothing to crazy as we were hitting the ferry to Vancouver Island at 7am and wanted to be there nice and early to make sure we got on. (BC ferries can get pretty busy apparently)

Cheers!!

Ponto
                                Last edited by Ponto; 09-29-2014, 10:42 PM.
                                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X