My Cars (long overdue intro thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cars (long overdue intro thread)

So I guess I never really made an intro thread on here, and I'm on a roll having set up a vortex account and a club vee dub account so here goes! Some of you already know my cars from instagram or whatever but its about time I actually did an intro!

Hey everyone I'm Evan!
    I am an apprentice auto body refinisher (painter) at Cosmos Collision here in Calgary and have a deep seated love for euros specifically vw and audi. My first car was a 1997 MK3 K2 Edition 2.0
    Mods: FK Streetline Coils, fullback custom exhaust, intake, jetta front end swap, repainted in primer

kind of a hunk of junk i know but I did the best i could with it and my limited skills, knowledge and funding and turned it into something unique that got me hooked on VAG cars!

Next up was my B6 A4 1.8T (still regret getting rid of it, I miss the luxury, quattro and reliability but it was brutally slow!)
    Mods: Stage 1 tune from tunerworks boosting around 18psi on stock k03, custom 2.5" catback flo-pro exhaust (sounds unreal on 1.8Ts! Even better than my current set-up on my mk4!) OEM sport cup-kit, devil's eye aftermarket headlights, HID fogs, southbeach boost gauge, painted lower valences black as well as grilles

Miss that colour more than anything :(
    And finally my third and current car! my MK4 GTI 1.8T!
    Mods: 3" Turboback 42DD Exhaust, lowered on coils (not sure shat kind they came with the car), Revo tune, Forge diverter valve, ECS Race N75 Wastegate Valve, R32 headlights, HID lowbeams, rusted hood (lol), Corvette C4 sawblades

PS: the rusted hood is on it's way out, I only did it because the hood was beyond repair when I got it so I decided to do something different but it's starting to bug me and I am currently looking for a used hood to replace it!

Notes on the GTI, the original guy who bought the car set it up with an ATP GT2871r turbo which was air-cooled and also had a water-meth kit hooked up to cool it, and the revo tune was set-up for the meth kit. However, I bought the car off the 2nd owner who had no clue about any of this and his explanation was "you can't drive the car hard in first gear"???? Should have raised a red flag right away that he was an idiot but I ended up blowing the ATP turbo and swapping in a k03. Anyways, I am setting it up as a stage 1 and the plan is to drive it most of this season but I plan on saving up and selling it to buy a B5 S4 or B5 A4 before winter.

THIS GTI IS FOR SALE IF YOU WANT IT!! haha
    Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Re: My Cars (long overdue intro thread)

Sweet car, cant say ive seen any of them around town... That audi is a beautiful colour! :O
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
      That audi is a beautiful colour! :O
      Ugh I know don't remind me amulet red is so rare. I think mine was one of 2 or 3 in calgary and I decided to get rid of it for all the wrong reasons but thanks!
      Evan

Comment

Car looks good, will be great with the new hood.

Btw go to school with your friend Adriana.
        Dylan

Comment

Polishe thate hoode!
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Was that Dylan's old GTI? I thought it had a GT25 series turbo in it, either way the K03s is probably a good swap for better reliability as a daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
              Ugh I know don't remind me amulet red is so rare. I think mine was one of 2 or 3 in calgary and I decided to get rid of it for all the wrong reasons but thanks!
              Looks like brilliant red to me. Amulet was darker.

Pat

His
              1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
              1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
              1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
              2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
              Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

That front euro plate is weak.
                Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Originally posted by BolideVW View Post
                  Car looks good, will be great with the new hood.

Btw go to school with your friend Adriana.
                  Ah so it's you! Thanks man!
                  Evan

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                    Was that Dylan's old GTI? I thought it had a GT25 series turbo in it, either way the K03s is probably a good swap for better reliability as a daily driver
                    No it belonged to some idiot named Wahaj. He didn't even know it had a GT2871r air-cooled turbo hence why I accidentally blew it lol. And yeah it drives a lot better now. But like I said, I'm not planning on keeping it long. Was gonna go with a k04 with supporting mods for a reliable stage 2ish set up but I'm already sick of dumping money into this thing lol
                    Evan

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
                      Looks like brilliant red to me. Amulet was darker.
                      It's the edit on the photo if it looks brilliant red. It's 100% amulet red.
                      Evan

Comment

Originally posted by Mcrow View Post
                        That front euro plate is weak.
                        Meh, to each his own. Some people think it's hilarious, I like it, some people agree with you though.
                        Evan

Comment

Very nice gti. Personally I'm not a fan of rust (I drive a mk3 ) so if you swap the hood for a normal one the car will look much better imo! The wheels look good on it and the front plate.....it's a matter of taste like you said. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and since its your car you should do whatever the heck you want with it
                          Das auto sucht sich seinen fahrer selbst aus

Click here to check out my ride

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
                            Meh, to each his own. Some people think it's hilarious, I like it, some people agree with you though.
                            It's a keeper

Comment

Working...
                            X