My Ginster Mk3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Ginster Mk3

Im a fan Jason. Like I said, once its a little lower it'll look money. It looks surprisingly good for a mk3...that's no small feat. Nice work.
    Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by BolideVW View Post
      Im a fan Jason. Like I said, once its a little lower it'll look money. It looks surprisingly good for a mk3...that's no small feat. Nice work.
      This. Your GTi looks great!
      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

I actually really enjoy these wheels, both in the color choice and the style choice. Should look amazing for driven

Comment

Wheels are very nice Jason. They suit your car well. I understand what you mean about the color and I think gun metal would make them stand out a bit more. Good job man
          Das auto sucht sich seinen fahrer selbst aus

Click here to check out my ride

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys! Unfortunately, due to Driven being only a week away i dont think ill be able to do any fender work before Driven. BUT since the University is litterally a 2 minute drive from my house i think i may crank the coils down and creep my way to Driven. You guys think thats worth it? Personally i dont think its bad at all at this height, just personally feel that it could be a bit better about an inch lower (plus, i wanna look my best for Driven).

However, i do plan to do some little details before Driven, i have a few ideas in mind (mainly with my lighting)
            Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
            ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
            PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

So, in an attempt to get more than 250 kms a tank. Yesterday i changed out my spark plugs, and re-gapped the new ones to .050'' instead of .028" cause im running the MSD ignition and raised compression setup now (and thats what the interwebz told me to do). I also changed out my o2 sensor which i had suspected was failing for quite some time now.

Knowing my luck though, almost everything went wrong haha. PO cross threaded my last o2 sensor on, so after hours of wrestling it off i had to run to AutoValue a pick up an M18 x 1.5 tap to re-tap my bung... After re-tapping my bung i realized that i didnt exactly re-tap it straight, so the sensor sits a little crooked now(anybody know if this is an issue?) Then when i fired up my car... the good news is that it ran smoother than ever before! The bad news is.. it was doing it on 5 cylinders... after another hour or so of dicking around with my spark plug wires, and even crimping a new one it turns out that my brand new spark plug was faulty out of the box... So, off to AutoValue once more. Oh, and i have an exhaust leak now..

So in the end, i fixed the VR5 issue and being back on 6 cylinders i can now safely say that performance wise that o2 sensor made one hell of a difference. There was a huge increase in throttle response, it feels like it pulls much harder, and most importantly my car doesn't smell like death when i start/drive it anymore... maybe my friends will stop calling me "Eco-Hitler" now
              Will report back with fuel economy after testing!

On another note, i graduated highschool a few weeks ago! Guess i was too busy (forgot) to post my grad(car) photos... so.. better late than never!

Last edited by GingerBeef; 06-17-2015, 08:10 PM.
              Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Congrats Jason...now the real world is knocking on your door...only gets better after high school... Love your car and all the work you've done only it!
                Last edited by Geobmx4life; 06-17-2015, 10:13 PM.
                Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Congrats, time to get a job so you can spend more $ on the car!

Comment

Post-winter update!
                    Well spring time is here, which means I shall be bringing the mk3 out soon!

Quick summary of whats happened over winter:
                    -decided that buying a turbo diesel mk3 for a winter car was a good life choice
                    -lifted and and "camo'd" said mk3 turbo diesel
                    -opportunity to trade the golfasaurus rex + cash for an Evo IV (those who know me well know how much I missed my first Evo IV, and since my time with it was cut short, I couldnt pass up this opportunity!)
                    -engineering is terrible and I want to die

Onto the mk3! I pulled the car cover off the other day. Ive decided to wait a while untill I put the car back on the road. (Im leaving for China April 26th- May 14th, and street cleaning happens in my neighbourhood at some point in that time slot, so leaving it in storage means I dont have to get someone to move it while I'm gone). So hopefully when I come back all the gravel and **** is off the roads.

Anyways, this morning my new HVAC control knobs arrived to replace the very 90s looking OEM ones. I think that theyve made a huge improvement on my interior, and really ties in with my cluster, S3 pedals, MK4 steering wheel, and driver's edition shift knob. (also makes my head unit look less out of place!) Its not a huge deal, but to me it just makes being inside my car feel just a little more special.

But anyways, I should be focusing on not fucking my life up (calc final tomorrow ) tell me what you think!

Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-22-2016, 12:38 PM.
                    Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Guess nobody cares about my knobs ��

So I did a thing tonight... apparently i needed moar lows. (and no, those are not my dope curtains. But yes, im jealous of them too.)

Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-24-2016, 02:43 AM.
                      Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

WOAH! I was not expecting that, im exited to see what it looks like. What management are you running?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
                        2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
                        2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Originally posted by Adcodo View Post
                          WOAH! I was not expecting that, im exited to see what it looks like. What management are you running?
                          Hey man, I did tell you at the meet that i was planning on getting bags. Im running it on oldschool Easystreet AutopilotV1 management by Airlift, should do the trick.
                          Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-24-2016, 08:11 PM.
                          Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Air ride is an awesome mod, can't wait to see how it looks.

Comment

Shoulda bought a different type of compressor .
                              Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                              2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Knobs are trick but what I want to know is , where -what is that steering wheel from? I like that a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X