Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Non bacon car

Updates:

Vinyl has been holding up much better than i thought it was, a few pieces here and there were lifting, or getting chipped up due to rocks, but for the most part its been great. I replaced a few pieces that were getting chipped up, as well as did the whole hood white.

Also got my head unit installed by Mobile Solutions, they did a great job, I'm sure everyone knows how good of work they do. They had a fresh Huracan with winter tires on it getting some work done. Definitely my new favourite car.

Pioneer 4000Nex with apple car play. Works awesome!

Comment

Looking good!

Mobile solutions does crazy work!!
      Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Car looks good!
        Mobile solutions did an Aux cord for my e39 last week!
        Great work
        ~~TODD~~
        '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Lets see some pics of your new E39 Todd!!!!!
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

did you keep steering wheel controls, with the new headunit? i'd love a upgrade but apparently i have xm radio for free with my stock unit.

Comment

thanks guys. the guys over at MS are awesome to chat with and did awesome work. even cleaned my interior with a fresh smelly.

Originally posted by danno View Post
              did you keep steering wheel controls, with the new headunit? i'd love a upgrade but apparently i have xm radio for free with my stock unit.
              Got the steering wheel module with the headunit so all the steering control still work great. I wonder if you could call xm and get a free transfer over to a new headunit?

Comment

That's awsome it was always a extra for me for steering wheel control.
                I personally want the change but want the car to stay factory, as well as have the free xm. The oringnal owner must have bought the lifetime subscription.
                Car looks great. Still havnt seen it in person, you still down south?

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                  That's awsome it was always a extra for me for steering wheel control.
                  I personally want the change but want the car to stay factory, as well as have the free xm. The oringnal owner must have bought the lifetime subscription.
                  Car looks great. Still havnt seen it in person, you still down south?
                  ahh ic fair enough. my parents still live down south, I'm living up at sait for the semester. Im down south occasionally.

Comment

So winter seems like its pretty much over already (probably just jinx'd it} .... its time to get started on the summer plans. was hoping i could get some input on summer wheels.

I have narrowed it down to a few sets of wheels;
                    18inch wci wheel, 9.5 wide all around with semi aggressive fitment,
                    19 inch brotiform, 8.5 wide with a non aggressive offset to start out with, which would probably be pushed out with spacers in the long run anyways.
                    19 inch rotiform 10 inch wide with aggressive offsets.

All wheels either machined/polished or powdercoaded in a fancy colour.

One issue is that sometimes when running a bigger wheel and being low it can makes it look weird because there is no wheel gap, but you car is still 5 feet off the ground. i wonder if this would be an issue with a 19 inch wheel on a b7? Im not the biggest fan of bigger sized wheels, but i do love the look of the wheel and it only comes in one size.

pics for clicks.

Comment

Option #1 if you plan on bagging the car.

Option #3 if you're staying static.
                      Dylan

Comment

I'm just going to wait for the WCI-related 'wrong bolt pattern' thread that will eventually follow.
                        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Let's do a deal on those winters against the Rotiform 18x10s that I'm selling?

Comment

Originally posted by BolideVW View Post
                            Option #1 if you plan on bagging the car.

Option #3 if you're staying static.
                            most likely going bags, so option one then.

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
                            I'm just going to wait for the WCI-related 'wrong bolt pattern' thread that will eventually follow.
                            the wci wheels are local this time so no problem there lol.

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                            Let's do a deal on those winters against the Rotiform 18x10s that I'm selling?
                            damn i wish i could afford three piece :/ unfortunately i can't go that baller. (ps ill have those photos of the wheels for you today)

Comment

18" for bagged or if you are going super low static
                              I'm not sure about widths for the B7 platform or offsets but 9.5 in the front seems more than semi aggressive, unless you want this to turn into your second bacon fenders car??

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                                18" for bagged or if you are going super low static
                                I'm not sure about widths for the B7 platform or offsets but 9.5 in the front seems more than semi aggressive, unless you want this to turn into your second bacon fenders car??
                                9.5's up front don't seem to be that big of an issue on b7's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X