Adrian's 03 GLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Adrian's 03 GLI

did you knock the abs ring or sensor when you reinstalled everything? traction control sees slip through the abs sensor. You would of had to knock your steering pretty hard to get the steering wheel 45^ off, unless something inside slipped because the steering wheel was locked when you set the car down.
    Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

The wheels aren't 45 degrees apart, probably 10 degrees apart I was just saying that when the steering wheel is pointing about left one wheel wouldn't if that makes sense. If you stand in front of the car you can notice that the wheels aren't straight. I will try and test the abs sensors and check the rings if i may have bent them. The car also does seem like its all over the road but is most likely cause if the alignment

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
      2003 Volkswagen Jetta Gli
      2009 Audi S5

Instagram : Adrian.Cocis

Comment

Bottom 3 bolts of the ball joint could definitely cause alignment issues, especially since the bolt holes are slotted in the control arm itself.

Honestly your problem could simply be an alignment to get the toe in check, if the wheels are off by far enough then you will get slipping in one of the wheels only. I had this problem the first time i installed airride and my alignment was wayyyy off. I did a simple eye sight alignment to get it to a shop

Comment

If it's only a little that's normal from removing control arm from spindle, you'll need an alignment but I suggest loosening the bolts and pulling the spindles out as far as you can for that extra 0.1 degree of camber
          Last edited by kujiwara; 02-13-2016, 01:07 PM.
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Update:
            The problem with the alignment, lights flashing and all that fun stuff turned out to be the ballpoint... Which was only heald on by 1 bolt instead of 3. The car got parked again last week and I started taking everything off again in preperation to do the head gasket which will be done tomorrow. All that's left to do is to remove the camshaft sprocket then all the head bolts.

Since Ferrari's go fast because that have a wrinkle red valve cover, I decided to paint mine wrinkle black so I could achieve max horse power

Also sold my old sub because of the amount of room it occupied, one of my friends got me an amazing deal on this new Alpine type S 10" so I couldn't pass up the offer. I don't want to get a box again because of the amount of room it took and I want a clean looking trunk. I think I'm going to place it where the CD changer is and make a Fiberglass box and wrap it in the original carpet that's already in the trunk.
            2009 Audi S5

Comment

Frame Notch!

2009 Audi S5

Comment

Holy sealant on the oil pan batman! I'd be careful about that, you don't need very much to seal it and ones I've seen with that much sealant have had oil pressure issues from sealant getting in the pickup tube.

Notch looks a little excessive but I'm sure it will work!
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

To seal the bare metal you can either prime then paint or use por15(i'd use this)
                  Current Fleet
                  #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                  2001 Cobra #88/3786
                  1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                  2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                  2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                    Holy sealant on the oil pan batman! I'd be careful about that, you don't need very much to seal it and ones I've seen with that much sealant have had oil pressure issues from sealant getting in the pickup tube.

Notch looks a little excessive but I'm sure it will work!
                    I didn't put that much.. it was still wet when it put it on and squished out... Hope I don't have a pressure issue. As for the notch, I had a pilot on the hole saw and that's the only place I could cut..
                    2009 Audi S5

Comment

Originally posted by Adcodo View Post
                      I didn't put that much.. it was still wet when it put it on and squished out... Hope I don't have a pressure issue. As for the notch, I had a pilot on the hole saw and that's the only place I could cut..
                      Usually we put a small bead around then spread it out flat with a finger and stick it on. What you see on the outside would also be on the inside.

Yeah, getting the pilot can be a bit of a trick.
                      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Is there no oil pan gasket for the mk4 oil pan, or is the sealant the preferred sealing method? I have to put a new oil pan on my 12V and just curious.
                        Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                        2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Originally posted by Mcrow View Post
                          Is there no oil pan gasket for the mk4 oil pan, or is the sealant the preferred sealing method? I have to put a new oil pan on my 12V and just curious.
                          Dont think there is one... Maybe Colin can chime in but ive been looking for one for a while lol
                          2009 Audi S5

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                            Usually we put a small bead around then spread it out flat with a finger and stick it on. What you see on the outside would also be on the inside.
                            I've been told not to do that with those paste gaskets, weird? Maybe we are using different brands or something or your gasket maker is different in composition?
                            Typically i set the bead, screw it in to hold it in place with the gasket maker touching both surfaces but not squished down (leave 1/8" or 1/16" or so gap), let it dry over night, then tighten it up normally the next day. That makes sure that you have adhered to both surfaces, and that it is compressed to fill in any holes/surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                              I've been told not to do that with those paste gaskets, weird? Maybe we are using different brands or something or your gasket maker is different in composition?
                              Typically i set the bead, screw it in to hold it in place with the gasket maker touching both surfaces but not squished down (leave 1/8" or 1/16" or so gap), let it dry over night, then tighten it up normally the next day. That makes sure that you have adhered to both surfaces, and that it is compressed to fill in any holes/surfaces.
                              I used the Red Permatex RTV which told me to put it on the oil pan and put the bolts on till it started squirting out then after it tries to tighten everything down. pretty much the same thing as you did.. but not really
                              2009 Audi S5

Comment

Originally posted by Adcodo View Post
                                Dont think there is one... Maybe Colin can chime in but ive been looking for one for a while lol
                                Nope, no gasket. It's just sealant.

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                                Following instructions discussed with the makers of "Right Stuff" when we were down at SEMA. The vehicles (Ford Raptors) used in the drift area outside a couple years ago had no bolts in the oil pans, they were just held together with right stuff, they had been out hooning in the desert as well.
                                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Working...
                                X