Hoodub's MK6 GTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoodub's MK6 GTI

So I was playing Destiny and my xbox decided it doesn't want to connect to the internet right now and I'm bored so here goes.

As many of you know I burn through cars like wildfire so here is the next up.

It is a 2011 Deep Black Pearl DSG GTI.

On the way to pick it up I also picked up some Audi RS3/TT-RS 'Rotor" reps from concept 1. I couldn't for the life of me justify running the ugly ass Detroits or Huffs or whatever the ugly stock wheels are called.

I always liked mk6's but they were always out of my price range until I came across this one at 5th Ave, found through my friend Chris.
    (I also didn't ever plan on buying a DSG until I drove it and 3 months later still honestly don't mind it's not a manual)

The car is pretty high mileage but came fully loaded with leather, tech package, sound package, base bars, etc.. So I'm pretty happy with it. It's a really nice car for a 19 year old with no financial assistance.

Then the next week I picked up some cheapo house brand coils for $400 on clearance. I know, shame on me blah blah. If I keep this car long it will probably be getting bagged so it's not a huge worry for me. If I don't keep this car long it will be because I have moved to Australia for a year to take a working holiday and do some autobody over there. Just needed to slam it in the meantime..

And then I guess its time for some pic whoring..
    These shots are from Danny (camoaudi.. or is it EDOthug? Ugh I don't know anymore)

Mods right now include, coils, wheels, 3" catless downpipe, LED interior light kit, extended flappy paddles, blacked out side markers, LED plate bulbs, smoked OEM tails, nig rigged "cold air intake" and like 3 stickers. Not all that impressive but I am pretty happy with how the car looks, sounds and performs right now. Hoping to tune it, maybe pick up some euro LED tails, do something more exciting with my exhaust and do a full respray next year possibly.
    Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Re: Hoodub's MK6 GTI

Looking good Evan...BTW....I �� my ugly ass huffs.
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I think it is a great start and nothing wrong with a MK6 IMO!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Car looks really good Evan. Is the paint really that bad that it needs a respray?
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

very nice as always evan
            D R E W

Comment

Agreed - nice GTI.

OZ would be a great trip before you take on a pile of responsibilities. I did the same when I finished high school.
              Work - houzz / linkedin
              Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
                Looking good Evan...BTW....I �� my ugly ass huffs.
                Thanks Geo! Nothing personal to anyone who likes them.. I just personally don't..

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                I think it is a great start and nothing wrong with a MK6 IMO!
                Thank you sir!

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                Car looks really good Evan. Is the paint really that bad that it needs a respray?
                Thanks Derek! And it's not really that it's that bad, more just that I can paint it in a weekend for about the same cost as most people pay for front end resprays..
                Kind of on the fence about it, if it works out and I get some free time and cash to blow on the materials I will, if not, no big deal.

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                Beautiful!
                Originally posted by Drewlikecrazy View Post
                very nice as always evan
                Thanks y'all

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
                Agreed - nice GTI.

OZ would be a great trip before you take on a pile of responsibilities. I did the same when I finished high school.
                Yeah I figured before I get tied down somewhere with a house I might as well see some new places. Always wanted to go to Australia.. Plus Australian girls are sooooo sexy..
                Evan

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
                  ...Plus Australian girls are sooooo sexy..
                  You might like the Gold Coast then... good place to take surfing lessons if you don't know how
                  Work - houzz / linkedin
                  Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
                    You might like the Gold Coast then... good place to take surfing lessons if you don't know how
                    I will have to keep this in mind!
                    Evan

Comment

New wheels look great evan. smaller tires and you'll be set. Also love the tail lights.... A lot.

Comment

Thank you Danny!
                        As y'all can see, I picked up a set of Rotiform NUEs from Don (Flipstah),
                        I traded him my Audi Rotors/tires for these because the Rotiforms need new tires very soon. Both sets of wheels look way better on their new cars IMO!

Also, going to be refinishing these probably over the winter, due to a bit of curb rash and some knicks from rocks and stuff.

Right now thinking of either a heavy metallic white, or a candy apple pearl red.
                        Anyone else have any suggestions for colours?
                        Last edited by hooddub; 06-17-2015, 08:31 PM.
                        Evan

Comment

Originally posted by hooddub View Post
                          Both sets of wheels look way better on their new cars IMO!
                          Definitely agree, also what did you use to spray your tail lights? They look amazing!
                          Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                          ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                          PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by GingerBeef View Post
                            Definitely agree, also what did you use to spray your tail lights? They look amazing!
                            Thanks Jason.
                            VHT and some real clear. Not out of the can garbage clear.
                            I'm going to redo them with some actual basecoat I think, probably going to colour match to the GTI's deep black pearl.
                            VHT is just what I had on hand haha.
                            Evan

Comment

Quick pic whore session.
                              First, loving the way the NUEs look.
                              My friend Kaden took this picture. Unfortunately this exact quarter panel got completely fucked by my wheel like a week after this picture was taken and I had to sand the paint down and put some primer on to cover it up to prevent rust. Don't worry everyone. I work in a paint shop, have no fear.

Next, I decided against the smoked tails and snagged an extra set from Don (flipstah) to "red out". They are extremely cherry now. I love it, breaks up the black really well.

I'll have to get a good picture with them on the car but they look way better IMO. Going for the cliche black with red accents look.
                              Edit: Danny just sent me this. Hard af.

Also, went biking. So yeah. Picture.
                              Last edited by hooddub; 07-14-2015, 08:34 PM.
                              Evan

Comment

Working...
                              X