No announcement yet.

When a car wont cut it. Touareg build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When a car wont cut it. Touareg build?

Thanks! Straight across trade for that fancy r32?! this thing is actually a great compromise haha if I close my eyes and pretend I'm not in a touareg I can basically pretend its an r32 with that sound haha
    2011 Meteor Grey S4
    APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
    In Progress

Comment

Haha I bet, the exhaust note is fantastic. No trades haha but you actually got me looking at touregs for winter duty in Calgary.
      TJ
      '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
      '01 Silver S4

Comment

Honestly man, just stay away from the 05's they are a bit scary when it comes to electronics but 07's were basically t2's without the body changes, other than that, its been a solid vehicle and hasn't let me down and they are coming to the point of being a good deal that's for sure.
        2011 Meteor Grey S4
        APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
        In Progress

Comment

Thanks for sharing the whole story and I love when someone does things a little different!!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Love this thing Jesse! Its nice to see a change from the usual slam it to the ground/scrape everything to the raise it and dominate everything! What a beast!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
              ! Its nice to see a change from the usual slam it to the ground/scrape everything to the raise it and dominate everything! What a beast!
              Exactly this.. Reminds me of 90s era land cruisers. Well done! Unique and clean and looks like it'll get really great winter use.

Comment

Haha thanks guys! Ya its been fun to build something different but still Volkswagen you know? Don't get me wrong I still love my cars low and fast but I'm still from Alberta and as much as I try to hide it every once and awhile the 4x4'in redneck side comes out so this appeals to that and keeps me from doing silly things
                2011 Meteor Grey S4
                APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
                In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                  Love this thing Jesse! Its nice to see a change from the usual slam it to the ground/scrape everything to the raise it and dominate everything! What a beast!
                  Agree. Low cares are lame.

i really like this thing! thats good to know about the 07's, Girlfriend is looking at getting into an suv.

Comment

Ya definitely 07 and up! They practically stopped making them in 06, 99% of the ones you find will be 05's or 07's haha the 4.2 isn't a bad motor either, looking back on it I would have been just as happy to find a 4.2 v8 one. They are the early 4.2 so they have timing belts and not chains
                    2011 Meteor Grey S4
                    APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
                    In Progress

Comment

DSC_1143

Love this picture
                      Last edited by jacktown; 12-15-2015, 08:03 PM.
                      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Awesome build !

I have been throwing around the same kinda idea but with a Volvo instead though, there a very cable off road rig also. A XC 90 or XC 70 would be the platform I'd look for, there's a lot more stuff for the 70's around now and prices on them are decent to get one but are limited on engine choices , the 4.4 v8 is an Xc90 only thing and they sound wonderful with exhaust .
                        12 Volvo XC 90
                        03 Jetta1.8T
                        95 Cabrio VRT
                        90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Ya I love doing the off road look to vehicles that people don't expect. I mean 90% of the year ya its a daily on highway and some gravel but that 10% a year where I go do some backwoods camping etc its nice to have a capable vehicle
                          2011 Meteor Grey S4
                          APR Stage 2

1990 Corrado
                          In Progress

Comment

This is thing is awesome! The exhaust is my favourite part
                            -Faraaz

Comment

Working...
                            X