Freshing her up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freshing her up

With that logic, what difference does it make if I offer "my opinion" on how to make it better. Its not my car!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

It's constructive criticism, it results in a better outcome for all. Im Just trying to offer helpful advice thats all. Take it for what it's worth.
      2002 Jetta TDI
      2003 Jazz Blue GTI
      1981 Rabbit Truck Diesel

Comment

But constructive critizism on how something "looks" is subjective!
        Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

It still applies though. He gets good constructive advice/opinions from a long time member then he gets to decide whether or not to follow it. It makes people feel more welcome when the euro scene seems to be really hurting.
          2002 Jetta TDI
          2003 Jazz Blue GTI
          1981 Rabbit Truck Diesel

Comment

I think Maverick has done very well with this car. He bought it knowing it was a working project. He has sorted or is sorting other issues more pressing than the paint work. The body on this car is straight with clean lines, just over the years before he got it the paint was neglected. This car has had some very good glory days when it was built. Maverikk is on his way to bringing it back to those days. IMHO he can stand tall and be proud, he is doing the work himself which can be a huge learning curve as this car has a bit of DNA from everything VW
            I admire anyone who can do their own repairs and modifications and although sometimes don't get it right the first time they will keep trying until it is fixed right. Anyone can pay to get it fixed but again anyone can do that.
            I am gald to see that it is on the road again as it was close to getting crushed at one time.
            Its a very cool old school car
            Just great to see it on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
              Holy **** 13 years on these boards... I feel old... ya I am old... going to go cry in the corner...
              Class of 2003 Roll Call! Whoop!
              Rob
              Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
              Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Thank you EXP. It has been a bumpy road if I'm honest, with days where I've wanted to burn it to the ground. But when I sit back and think about it, I enjoy it too much to give up.
                There has been a few things I've wanted to ask about it...but at the moment I cant think of any.

Comment

... i think we all know its time.....

Current
                  02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
                  04 GLI low and slow OG
                  Past
                  02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
                  00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

Umm...

...anyway, since this is plasti dip, and I could see this becoming a bit of a hobby, if anyone has any ideas, share em.

Comment

Originally posted by idlandk View Post
                      It makes people feel more welcome when the euro scene seems to be really hurting.
                      Not sure I agree with this statement! Regardless, if you want me to say something positive, I will say the OP did a great job of spraying the plastidip. Looks super smooth!!

If you want me to give constructive criticism, here goes:

-Lose the wheel gap. Doesn't need to be slammed but reduce the gap. Free mod as OP mentioned its already on coils.
                      -Keep current wheels and space them out or buy a set of wider wheels (RS's, RM's) or something at least 8" wide and flush
                      -Ditch the M3 mirrors and replace with OEM
                      -Add OEM GTI grill (or single rounds, or OEM jetta squares) vs. whats happening right now.

That's it. Beautiful color, 4 door (which looks great), and a great little motor!
                      Last edited by GINCH; 04-25-2016, 11:20 PM.
                      Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I will say the OP did a great job of spraying the plastidip. Looks super smooth!!
                        Thank you, not bad for my first time eh? I'm glad you mentioned the mirrors as I've never been fully happy with their function, though their form has grown on me. I would love to put the grill that came with it back in however all the tabs are broken off, using zip ties to hold in is too Mickey mouse for me, and the current grill (which happens to be a Jetta square light grill) is protecting my lenses from the rocks other drivers always seem to be throwing at me.
                        Agree with you on the gap, planning to lower it again after I get the proper sized tires on the current wheels. Easier to see in person, but this car is almost too low as is.

Comment

Its good you're handling this all well man. I'll be honest, i'm with most of the other guys. I love the way the hood looks with the black, but not a fan of the roof and trunk. Criticism is needed to understand other peoples views, but it needs to be taken properly. People need to think outside the box and try out new things or else you get car shows full of the same sh!t. Sometimes you're on to something and everyone loves it, sometimes you're way off and everyone hates it. But if it wasnt for people having the balls to do something new, the car scene would be boring.

Keep doing what you're doing man, and accept all the criticism (not saying you havent). It'll make you a better person and in the future you may look back and either agree or still disagree with the others. As for ideas with the plastidip, its whatever you feel will make you happy. I did this (you can take a wild guess on the feedback I received lol)

Patryk
                          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                          08 VW .:R32
                          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Lol that looks cool
                            This car is like my bike, the more people hate it, the more I love it. Means I'm going against the grain and doing something right!

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                              Why does everything have to positive? Jesus!
                              Name: Brent
                              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Easy there Mr. Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X