Mk7 golf r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mk7 golf r

I'm still shocked it actually sold, and sad. Hopefully it was the right move. At least there is a group of guys here that understand what it's like selling a car you love is like.

Anyway on to the brighter side of things, got my led tails wired and coded tonight, it's to late for pictures but it worked perfectly.

Going to order some parts from bfi so if anyone wants to share shipping let me know. Ill be making a order in the next few weeks

Comment

Does anyone have experience with Alcantara?? I want a shift knob but I'm concerned it's going to wear out fast.

Comment

I've had it on a steering wheel, after about a year it doesn't look or feel the best.
        Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

Originally posted by Remedys View Post
          I've had it on a steering wheel, after about a year it doesn't look or feel the best.
          Lower the car first Phil, then you can comment.

My shift knob is silver Alcantara and I've had it for a couple of years now. No real problems with wear, I take it off every few months and clean it but apart from that it's all good.
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

It will be for a daily driver, I just don't want to replace it every year or 2. I might just go for it anyways just curious what people have experienced

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
              Lower the car first Phil, then you can comment.
              The BMW is gone, new reveal coming soon.
              Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

Maybe someone can answer this. I have a Samsung s6 phone and apple music, how can I play apple music through the car?? I can't figure it out through mirror link or Android auto

Comment

Have you tried going through the media screen rather than AppConnect/Android Auto? That's how I have to connect my iPod to the car since they aren't supported for CarPlay, only iPhones are.

If that doesn't work, I don't even know of any other ways that you could connect it. Maybe try asking on Vortex, I'm sure someone over there has tried this before.
                  Scott
                  '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                  '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Ya it doesn't work through the media. Wife uses apple car play for her phone and apple music. Maybe a iphone 3s will work��. I'll be switching back to Apple shortly anyway so it's not a big deal

Comment

Yeah it works perfectly with my iPhone 7 or old 6s, I just use my iPod because my music library has always been too big for an iPhone until now. An old iPhone 3Gs wouldn't work with CarPlay - you need at least iOS 8 I believe, so an iPhone 5 or newer.
                      Scott
                      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

ya just tried 3s and it has to be at least a 4s.
                        i did get apple music to play through blue tooth on the way home but it sounds horrible so that's not the solution. going to keep playing with it maybe i can get it to work.

Comment

Working...
                        X