Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that complained about 991 GT3 & Turbo and no Manual Option.....watch this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those that complained about 991 GT3 & Turbo and no Manual Option.....watch th

You can feel him trying to say this is crap because it has a pdk but then he even said the car is tooooooo fast and would hinder the driving if he was trying to also shift gears . the cars have surpassed the ability to rely on humans to shift optimally ... especially if the car is at its max in rpms already .... what would happen if a rich adrenalin pumped up douche bag decided to down shift at the wrong time and go over the insane rev limit already ... pooof so then to prevent this they would need to lower rpms and therefore the power out put making the car slower... i obviously support the decision and look forward to getting a chance to drive one some day ..you guys can always go by an old porsche and have you gear box .
    sigpic

Comment

Re: For those that complained about 991 GT3 & Turbo and no Manual Option.....watch th

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
      You can feel him trying to say this is crap because it has a pdk but then he even said the car is tooooooo fast and would hinder the driving if he was trying to also shift gears . the cars have surpassed the ability to rely on humans to shift optimally ... especially if the car is at its max in rpms already .... what would happen if a rich adrenalin pumped up douche bag decided to down shift at the wrong time and go over the insane rev limit already ... pooof so then to prevent this they would need to lower rpms and therefore the power out put making the car slower... i obviously support the decision and look forward to getting a chance to drive one some day ..you guys can always go by an old porsche and have you gear box .
      Chris,

What I find funny is that you agree with my sentiment but rationalize the DBs who make this eventuality a reality. Maybe because that's where you make your bread and butter.

But at the end of the day, the pinnacle of F1 was when Hill, Prost and Senna were duking it out with 1000+hp turbo sticks. There's little to no reason that your everyman decent driver can't maintain focus for a few minutes at a time in a 400-500 hp 911 enough to make all the shift points.

It's called 'driver-mod' for a reason...
      Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
      Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
      Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

yea i'm gonna have to watch the video again, but i'm pretty sure he said that he does miss the manual box, but from a journalist point of view, he reports on it, and it's pros/cons. there's no point trying to argue the fact that guys like autos, and guys like manuals. it's like you telling me that my opinion of something i give, is wrong. you can argue facts, not opinions. nobody is saying this car sucks, some are just saying that a manual would be rad. as a driver, banging thru gears is what makes the drive, for me, more enjoyable. it doesn't mean that i wouldn't enjoy this car. IMO, i would just prefer a manual box. and i can even say that without experiencing the PDK.
        you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by 100%VAGitarian View Post
          yea i'm gonna have to watch the video again, but i'm pretty sure he said that he does miss the manual box, but from a journalist point of view, he reports on it, and it's pros/cons. there's no point trying to argue the fact that guys like autos, and guys like manuals. it's like you telling me that my opinion of something i give, is wrong. you can argue facts, not opinions. nobody is saying this car sucks, some are just saying that a manual would be rad. as a driver, banging thru gears is what makes the drive, for me, more enjoyable. it doesn't mean that i wouldn't enjoy this car. IMO, i would just prefer a manual box. and i can even say that without experiencing the PDK.
          Without a doubt a perfect explanation on how I and most of the people arguing the stick shift point of view feel. Well said!
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I am glad to see cars progress .Thats my stand
            sigpic

Comment

i would tend to agree with you, the problem is you've made an opinion (along with the rest of the internet) without driving the PDK. so i'll keep in mind you really have no basis to comment on whether you like manual over PDK because you've never driven it.
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                i would tend to agree with you, the problem is you've made an opinion (along with the rest of the internet) without driving the PDK. so i'll keep in mind you really have no basis to comment on whether you like manual over PDK because you've never driven it.
                by those rights, you had no basis to make a thread about it. you posted harris' opinion, not yours, to shut up those who have complained about it, and you haven't driven the car either. i said that i would prefer a manual and that i can say that without having driven the PDK. what part did you miss? my comment? beat dead horses much?

Comment

i'll tell you how PDK is in 3 weeks when i get to drive my father in laws new '14 C4S i built for him

Comment

by those rights, you had no basis to make a thread about it. you posted harris' opinion, not yours, to shut up those who have complained about it, and you haven't driven the car either. i said that i would prefer a manual and that i can say that without having driven the PDK. what part did you miss? my comment? beat dead horses much?
                    to reiterate my position on this PDK vs Manual debate that started when it was first announced with the turbo and the GT3 has always been "wait and see REAL reports before you say PDK is crap". The problem with the internet is everyone is making assumptions based on nothing but heresay and their experiences with old technology. You need to look no further than xbox1 vs PS4 to see how ridiculous it can get when people debate product announcements.

Fast forward to today, we're starting to get real people driving the real cars, giving their own honest and real opinions on the cars. They're certainly not smashing the PDK to bits like keyboard "purists" and saying its trash. I posted this because I think Harris does an excellent job of covering the topic of PDK from both perspectives.
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

again, beating a dead horse. i didn't say it's bad. or crap. i stated that if i was going to put this in my stable, i would want a manual. can't get much more clear than that. is it really so hard for you to understand that i personally would want 3 pedals in a car? because it seems to be.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                        i have driven the older manual gt3 ... insane !!!!! but pdk would be be an improvement and therfore better ..again imo
                        Last edited by turbomeyers; 06-19-2013, 04:41 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X