Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I Insane?

Originally posted by saabhutter View Post
    My first car (and turbo) was the grey 9-3 above. I'd kill for an '81 T! Great collectors car. Did it have an unsightly blue or brick red cloth interior?
    Mine had a green interior to match the Pea green paint. Ya the colors were pretty bad. But very well done interior designs for the time.

Comment

Managed to pick up a set of 16in 3 spoke 9000 Aero wheels for cheap, pretty rare wheel in Canada. Clearcoat is peeling quite severely, any recommendations on how to remove it? I've watched a few videos where they apply paint stripper with a paint brush, is that my best bet?
      Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

Aircraft stripper in an aerosol can worked really well to get the clear coat off my RS's.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
          Aircraft stripper in an aerosol can worked really well to get the clear coat off my RS's.
          Beauty, where'd you buy it?
          Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Comment

I'm pretty sure I got it at Auto Value but I think Canadian Tire might have it too.
            Scott
            '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
            '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by saabhutter View Post
              Managed to pick up a set of 16in 3 spoke 9000 Aero wheels for cheap, pretty rare wheel in Canada. Clearcoat is peeling quite severely, any recommendations on how to remove it? I've watched a few videos where they apply paint stripper with a paint brush, is that my best bet?
              If the clear is quite thin paint stripper will work. If it's thick like the VW ones your best bet is a orbital sander with 40 grit. Polisheverything.jpg!
              Current Fleet
              #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
              2001 Cobra #88/3786
              1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
              2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
              2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Quick update: I had the seats redone in the car, pictures to follow. Also am in the processing of refurbishing the 9000 Aero wheels. The car will be looking great this spring

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good!!!
                    Blair
                    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I figured I'd post an update of my Swedish cars (and new domestic). The Swedish section around here has been pretty dead around here until recently. Variety is the spice of life!

Unfortunately, I haven't done a lot to the Saab lately. The refurbishing of the 9000 Aero wheels ended up being a little more daunting than I had anticipated, so I stored them away. I'll end up having them done professionally at some point. The quote for the repainting of the bumpers was quite high, I'll probably put that off for at least a year.

Since my last post, I believe all I've done to the Saab is the installation of a new hood badge. One of my floor mats was stolen (?!) so I've decided to order some nice custom mats with embroidered Saab-Scania logos from stateofnine.com. Eventually I'll install some clear side blinkers as they're fairly inexpensive. Adding an SPG kit one day would really finish off the car.

As for the Volvo, since my last post I had the Polestar upgrade installed, installed 19in wheels, and had a Milltek non-resonated exhaust put in. The ride height is ridiculous, I really need to lower it. That said, I do plan on trading it in on an S60 R-Design in the next few years so maybe I'll hold off.

The truck is a 1992 Ford F-150 Flareside that my dad took in on trade on the grey 9-3 from the first page of the thread. I sold the car to my buddy in 2012 and he traded the car in on a Nitro last year. The car sat with my dad for nearly a year before a high schooler bought it and traded the truck in on it. So far we've replaced both fenders, gas tank, transfer case, and overhauled the suspension. It's going to make a fantastic fishing truck.

Sorry about the shitty quality pictures, I had my cellphone stolen so am currently slumming it with an iPhone 4

Comment

Nice fleet!!!!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Nice cars, love the Volvo [emoji106]

Comment

Nice stable .. Are you on Volvo club Calgary also ?
                            12 Volvo XC 90
                            03 Jetta1.8T
                            95 Cabrio VRT
                            90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              Nice fleet!!!!
                              Mucho gracias

Originally posted by limey View Post
                              Nice cars, love the Volvo [emoji106]
                              Thanks

Originally posted by Lars View Post
                              Nice stable .. Are you on Volvo club Calgary also ?
                              The forum? I think I may have signed up for it a while back, but I've never been active. I don't recall seeing a whole lot of action and I think it's geared towards the older RWD Volvos. Do they have meets/drives?

Comment

It's on fb .. Getting to be more newerish cars on there .. Not all rwd ones, they do have meets just a little more sporadic then here .
                                Last edited by Lars; 09-29-2015, 08:08 PM.
                                12 Volvo XC 90
                                03 Jetta1.8T
                                95 Cabrio VRT
                                90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X