X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: *Official* Spotted Thread

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
    Fogs? As in two?
    There should only be 1 fog light installed or they will be mistaken for brake lights.
    I know this was the spec for OEM rear fogs on my Passat and I believe I even read a UK DOT spec that mentions it, but I don't think this is the case for our DOT. I have seen several cars with 2 rear fogs that I don't believe were modified.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
      b7's come equipped with 2 rear fog lights for some reason. This was this morning, Perfectly clear conditions.
      Weird, when i was on deerfoot in the south end and people were going 100km/h there was a ton of water being kicked up that i would have put my rear fog on. Granted i turn them off when i'm out of the poor conditions but maybe he just forgot?

Originally posted by stefan View Post
      I know this was the spec for OEM rear fogs on my Passat and I believe I even read a UK DOT spec that mentions it, but I don't think this is the case for our DOT. I have seen several cars with 2 rear fogs that I don't believe were modified.
      Hmmm it definitely could be. I have always only ever seen single rear fogs but then again they are all on european based vehicles like MB, VW, Audi etc. Maybe i just missed the memo on it, either way if i had dual fogs i'd take the right one out for sure so that it was a-symmetrical and people would not mistake it for my brake lights.

Comment

I always thought rear fogs were only one side too (or center in some cases) to avoid brake light confusion and the reason they are equipped with two spots is for differing markets, but only one should be active. It is still common for the reverse and rear fog to be singles in the corresponding spots on many cars here.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Fairly sure 9 out of 10 folks around here just figure you have a light burnt out when you have one rear fog on... or a defective bright bulb. Hah. I have used mine though (single on left side). Regardless of what other drivers think, if it gets their attention, I suppose it did it's job!
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

• Re: Two more cars spotted

Spotted Kyle whispering around Westhill today in his minty Prius.

Comment

spotted a few cool ones in radium this weekend.

brand new GT3, Widebody lowered Q7, and an Sls AMG black.

Comment

Well the Mrs and I took the long walk to the other grocery store yesterday and as always some great sightings on that road, and yesterday was no exception; 6 modded GTRs in a convoy, a Gallardo Spider, a 430, 458 and a 458 Speciale!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                  Well the Mrs and I took the long walk to the other grocery store yesterday and as always some great sightings on that road, and yesterday was no exception; 6 modded GTRs in a convoy, a Gallardo Spider, a 430, 458 and a 458 Speciale!
                  When you're in town, I'm buying you a phone that has a camera so you can get pics of all these great spots :P
                  2008 Audi RS4
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    When you're in town, I'm buying you a phone that has a camera so you can get pics of all these great spots :P
                    i bet you he's lying and doesn't even live over there

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      Thanks for the offer!! Most of the cars were moving fairly quickly so a photo might have been tough but I will try better next time. The are a few gated areas with houses like this around there so plenty of nice cars to match!

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/det...PBahS22mB7f.97

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                      i bet you he's lying and doesn't even live over there
                      I am just too embarrassed to say I am actually in Saskatchewan
                      Blair

Comment

Saw this GANGSTER 7 series. I'm not a BMW fan at all but damn this car was impressive. Side skirts touching the ground. Baller status Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439233704.025121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	364.2 KB
ID:	512511
                        I take pictures for money.

Comment

OMG, some poor soul has to push mow that yard!?
                          ~Stephanie~
                          2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
                          IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Spotted pats Porsche with the new wheels on??

TJ
                            '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                            '01 Silver S4

Comment

Saw a black/blue/white/grey camo Audi A4 on the way home tonight.. Not sure what gen, maybe a B5?

Also saw a Baby Blue/Silver Austin Martin DB7 Vantage convertible.. Soo nice!
                              ~Stephanie~
                              2015 Tornado Red GTI Autobahn Edition
                              IG: succubusMK7

Comment

Followed a White Porsche 991 911 Turbo S on the way home from work today. I think we were both frustrated over the amount of traffic and inability to have a little fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Rob
                                Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                                Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
                                X