C1 Boxing Day sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C1 Boxing Day sale

Thanks for your reply Curtis, it is nice to have a C1 staff member on the boards. The comment about Peter was unjustified I agree, Peter may or may not get along with everyone but please refrain from personal attacks on the forums it is uncalled for.

I am excited to see what will be available at the Boxing day sale, Ilove boxing day shoping, cal me crazy

The biggest proble is there are so many parts out there for VWs and no one store can carry everything so they need to pick and choose what works and what sells. C1 is great local store and if I can find what I am looking for I will pick it up there, but I know they do not have everything, like Borbet Type A 16x9s

Blair
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

okay curtis since you lurked.. that was just my impression one day in the store but okay.. um so when you guys getting APR or revo or what?

Comment

Thanks Curtis for replying to my post, much appreciated. I will probably be there bright and earlier at the boxing day sale, maybe pick my self up a magnaflow
        Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Yeah I was wrong, C1 does have a lot of products, I guess I am just getting jaded because I have bought most of them already! Well, at least a lot of the stuff you guys have for my car... now I am forced to go elsewhere for some of the more obscure stuff I am looking for and I just wish I could buy it here in town!

Oh yeah and I have no problem with a replica if the fit is good and I won't have any problems with it falling apart or anything like that... save some bucks, get nice looking gear. I can't afford the real Oettinger, sigh.
          Last edited by Kor; 12-12-2003, 11:46 PM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Bullibuoy
            We sure do try to carry as much product as possible, however it's hard to stock everything for every model of car....beeetle, van, rabbit, golf 2, 3 4 etc etc. We're not just catering to MK4 chassis.

Curtis
            Not to be a smart ass or anything but you have no parts for B5 Passats. Just my observation. Surely if I had gotten a Jetta wagon then I would spent a lot more time in the shop. But then again, there's less B5 Passats on the street, and less people are into modifications.
            Dan

Comment

You asked about APR, yes, we are in the process of setting up with them, however it's a very expensive company to set up with, financially and time wise. Ken is required to fly to their shop for training. APR has been a tough decision because we've had about 5 people express interest. In the past when people have expressed interest in products, usually about 30-40% actually buyt that product once we bring it in. So you can see why 5 people showing interest is making this a difficult investment to swallow. As well, Ken can visit Germany or Taiwan and hook us up with 5, 10, 15 suppliers all at the same time, which results in 5, 10, 15 new products at increasingly lower retail prices. (Look at how many new products land on our new page every month). Flying to APR hooks us up with 1. Despise all that, we're still setting up with APR.

I, and the rest of us at C-1 realize that we don't carry everything, we just can't, it's not feasable. We do however appreciate that most of you give us a chance first before mail ordering from the US. And by all means, if there's a product or brand you're interested in, let us know...if we hear that same thing from a few people then there's a good chance we'll bring in the product. Although we do a ton of mailorder sales now, we still prefer to deal with local customers....we actually get to meet you...and see your cars as they change.

Hopefully we can set some of you up with some good deals on Boxing Day! Maybe we shoudn't have advertised boxing day sale so soon...now it's gonna be dead until then, which means we'll just be sitting around getting tubby on timbits for two weeks.

Curtis

Comment

Cant wait for the sale!! Put the Brullens out for 75% off just joking, but that would be nice.

#1 Concept1 rox
                #2 Peter got me into VW's so he still rox in my books.

QuA

Originally posted by Bullibuoy
                Hi Guys,
                This is my first time posting on NewVeeDub. The site looks good.

A couple things
                The C-1 Boxing day sale will have tons of product at great deals, you'll need to come down to see what's on sale.
                Also, some post above mentioned something about Peter annoying us at the shop? Where did that come from? Peter is always welcome at C-1, he's a fun guy who loves his cars. I don't think it's cool at all that you think it's fun to take shots at him...surprisingly uncool for a forum.

I was surprised that someone above thought we didn't carry much product variety. I can't think of many other shops that even carry as many product lines as C-1....and also covers Vintage VW Parts. We sure do try to carry as much product as possible, however it's hard to stock everything for every model of car....beeetle, van, rabbit, golf 2, 3 4 etc etc. We're not just catering to MK4 chassis.

Curtis
                2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Isn't their bread and butter labour anyways? It doesn't make financial sense to keep huge variety of stock that they might not even sell, or that they have to give virtually no markup to keep competative. Even when you buy it elsewhere they usually get the job of installing it so who cares. And since it's the older VWs coming to them for major repairs etc they will always tend to keep more parts for them (they are primarly air-cooled anyways).

They have at least a few options in each catagory which is probably enough for the non-vortex-addict customer. (Unlike us who look at 1000 wheels and pick 1). The exhaust selection has vastly improved and I think they have Wietec suspension now as an option for the FK lineup.

That said, the glaring omisions (gauges, a real chip option, hrmmm - you know, that's all I can think of aside from body styling stuff?) will be nice when they get filled. My only grill option was ABT since I didn't want to go badgeless. Ah well if they start losing business over it I'm sure they'll research or ask what they need to start carrying.

Khyron
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Yeah, we have almost nothing for B5 passat. We've had lots of opportunity to bring stuff in but every time we do the product just sits on the shelf collecting dust....not good for business. We like the car, and there's good product for it, there's just no market in Calgary for it. The Passat guys that are purchasing lots of tuning product right now are B3 Passat. Hopefully we can get into more B5 in the future. That 4motion wagon sure is sweet!

Curtis

Comment

Of course like 10 people reply... doh.

Curtis - a real chip option is an investment. Yah a lot of MK4s won't do it this year perhaps cause of warranty issues - but as the cars get older more and more people will get it done. Especially the TDIs. When I was in the courtesy shuttle from Northland, the 2 old guys in the car with me were talking about chipping their TDIs - they were 40+ I kid you not.

I'd read that APR was expensive for the dealer - is there a short answer why you didn't go Revo (waaaayy cheaper) or GIAC? Revo seems to make the most financial sense for a lower volume shop since there's less investment up front? Shrug.

Khyron
                      Geoff
                      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Actually service is not at all our bread and butter, parts are, buy a long shot. Despite what people think, there's not much to be made in service. As we found out when we started, there's a thousand hidden costs that customers never see. I had no idea service would be so expensive a venture. It does however alleviate inexperienced mechanics installing our product wrong, we can actually try new products fitment now, we sell more oil filters and belts now, and when our rabbits break down there's always someone there to fix them so we can get home at night!

Curtis

Comment

We sell the Tdi Force module insead of a chip for diesel, we sell lots of them because they're inexpensive, easy to install, and work flawlessly.
                          We're setting up with APR because that's the name you guys asked for, and because they have a standup reputation.

Curtis

Comment

Ok, you guys are hardcore posters, you've burnt me out. I'm glad I visited your site. I'm not a regular on forums so if you need to ask me something in the future please don't rely on the forum, phone me at work. And if I sound grumpy it's just because Dale's playing HillyBillyHonkyTonkBluegrass station on spinner, or else we ran out of timbits.

Curtis

Comment

This was one of the best threads we've had in a long time.
                              Neil
                              '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

well curtis i'm psyched if you guys get APR then because the only revo options for myself are in couver and in montreal and i kinda sucks to have to ship my ECU across country and all but come april or may if its in shop more than likely i'll be stopping by

Comment

Working...
                                X