Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Top Gear Sunday!

I'm sure you've all seen already but Clarksons suspension = no show this Sunday 😢😢

Comment

Yup, it sucks...

http://jalopnik.com/report-jeremy-cl...w-w-1690546352
      Scott
      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Breaking news! This is how it went down!

Comment

Uh Oh!

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.
          The corporation said the 54-year-old presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".
          "No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.
          Clarkson was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word while filming the popular BBC motoring show.
          At the time, he said the BBC had told him he would be sacked if he made "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".
          The BBC gave no further details on the current incident involving Clarkson, and said it would not be making any further statements at this time.
          Clarkson's representatives have yet to reply to requests for a comment.
          The presenter himself has remained silent, however last month he tweeted a post saying a "new presenter for Top Gear" was wanted.
          "Applicant should be old, badly dressed and pedantic but capable of getting to work on time," he said.
          This weekend's episode of Top Gear was set to feature Clarkson - who has fronted the show since 2002 - along with regular co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May at a classic track day.
          Former footballer and pundit Gary Lineker was also to appear as the "star in a reasonably priced car".
          Lineker has now tweeted, writing: "I don't think I'm ever meant to appear on Top Gear!"
          'Strong character'
          Former Top Gear presenter Chris Goffey told BBC Radio 5 live while discussions on the programme sometimes became heated when he worked on the show, "it must have been something fairly serious behind the scenes to warrant his immediate suspension.
          "I can't think what the hell's gone on, but there you go. When you've got a very strong character who likes things his own way, if somebody stands up to him, there's going to be a row."

Clarkson has courted controversy on several occasions during his time hosting Top Gear.
          The show's executive producer, Andy Wilman, described last year as "an annus horribilis" for the programme.
          It followed an incident in Argentina where the presenters and crew were forced to flee the country after trouble erupted over a number plate reading H982 FLK - which some suggested referred to the Falklands conflict of 1982.
          Last year the show was also censured by Ofcom for breaching broadcasting rules after Clarkson used a derogatory word for Asian people during its Burma special programme.
          TV critic Toby Earle told the BBC he was not surprised at Clarkson's suspension. "This incident is the one that's really forced management to take action," he said.
          "Part of the show's appeal, to many viewers, has been it's sort of edginess and the fact that it's rough around the edges - in some ways takes no prisoners.
          "But of course there is a very delicate line to tread with that, and it has crossed that line I feel."
          But the TV Times' Mary Evans said she did not think it was the end of the road for the presenter: "He is what he is, like him or loathe him.
          "He knows who he is and he knows what he wants to say. Top Gear obviously existed before him, and it wasn't the phenomenon that it is now. So obviously it has something to do with his personal charisma and his fanbase.
          "I can't see this will be it for Clarkson, I really can't. But I think he's probably slightly overdue a slap on the wrist," she told the BBC.

Article here:
          http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

LOL - Just posted this and saw it's already been covered above
          Last edited by jacktown; 03-10-2015, 04:08 PM.
          Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2015/3/1...elled-7725855/

Comment

Still unclear if the rest of the series is cancelled, many are reporting so but the BBC has not officially confirmed that, but for sure nothing this week.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Here's hoping they show the episodes at some point and Clarkson gets reinstated soon.

Sent from my perch atop Mount Olympus
                --
                Rod
                Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Update from James May himself

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31834058
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

i guess clarkson owns like 51% of top gear anyways so he could pull the show to another network and BBC would be f'd up..

Comment

I think he is going to have a hearing shortly and this has also put a stop to the contract negotiations which means rival channels could be trying to scoop them up, but the BBC no commercial format is something that would be lost sadly and it is a huge earner for them so not sure if they want to let this go. I think I read that 2 episodes are canceled now but the last is still a possibility at this point.
                      Blair
                      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I know this will go against what most people think but, move on, get a new presenter some who can really drive.
                        MKV GTI
                        '73 Westfalia

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
                          i guess clarkson owns like 51% of top gear anyways so he could pull the show to another network and BBC would be f'd up..
                          Think BBC bought him out several years ago...
                          Stefan
                          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnie5 View Post
                            I know this will go against what most people think but, move on, get a new presenter some who can really drive.
                            The show would die. He is the core of the show whether people like it or not.

Comment

I haven't looked for Clarkson's column yet, but it looks like it's over, at least in it's current form.

http://m.autoevolution.com/jeremy-cl...ood-93287.html
                              Last edited by stefan; 03-15-2015, 09:46 AM.
                              Stefan
                              -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                              -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Well since I should be sitting down to watch the new episode of the show in just a few hours, and instead there is a show about the Red Arrows I have taken a little time to reflect on this issue. Now I am not really sure if we truly know what happened at the incident and how much did or did not happen, and of course I am not in support of any physical violence if that is indeed what happened. I am however feeling that the BBC is very hypocritical in things and as we are all reminded of Clarkson's previous transgressions, I think it should be highlighted that most of these events occurred during episodes of the show and since these shows are not live people at the BBC have edited and approved the content for broadcast. The network has used his controversial nature to enhance the popularity of the show and now apparently have had enough despite the success and the monster they have helped create.

I undoubtedly will be very sad if the show is no more, but I have to feel for Clarkson and think that cutting ties with the BBC might be the best, I just hope we see another form of the show sooner than later.
                                Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X