X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

It will be both for me for sure!!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
      I will always follow the cast, but will most likely still watch the new Top Gear. The way I see it, Gear Knobs (The new show) will always be better than Top Gear, but now we get 2 shows about cars
      exactly! nicely put
      sigpic
      Instagram: @ed_kisov

BMW 435i xDrive ///M Performance
      ex MK6 Golf R RB
      ex MK6 GTI CSG
      ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
      ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

Hey who changed my title!!! :P

Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

"that"... Hahaha

Comment

Yaaaaaassss
            Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I have seen that commercial on the TV a couple times now over here, I can hardly wait!!!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

BBC Top Gear news:

Jeremy Clarkson might not have had the best reputation when he worked on ‘Top Gear’ (especially when it came to his food demands), but Chris Evans is giving him a run for his money, according to reports.

The Radio 2 Breakfast Show host’s ego is ‘out of control’, according to staff working on the revamped motoring show, months before it hits our screens next May.

An insider told The Sun: “They got rid of Clarkson because of his behaviour off screen but they’ve created another monster in Chris.

“He is falling out with a lot of people and even his close friends are concerned.

“People at Radio 2 have noticed a real difference in him. it has become obvious he is overworked and overstretched.”

Months after Chris was announced as Jeremy Clarkson’s replacement, there has still not been any official announcement of who will co-present the BBC Two show.

There are reportedly concerns that the presenter is determined to make ‘Top Gear’ a ‘star vehicle’ for himself, and just last month he suggested that the traditional three-way hosting line-up could be dropped.

“If there's three of you and you go and make a film together, suddenly you're doing what they did. Why would you do that? They were brilliant at it... [but] I'm not going to do that," he told the Press Association.

"They're the Three Stooges, they are the Bee Gees, they are that and I'm not, I'm me. I'm a solo artist at the moment, I'm on my own, so do I form a band or not?"

But a source told The Sun: “As the process has gone on, lots of top people have expressed a real interest in co-presenting – including some of his good mates like Suzi and Natalie – but he has found reasons to make it impossible for any of them to get the job.”

Chris’s 10 episode deal with Channel 4 to present the reboot of ‘TFI Friday’ has also caused problems, with BBC TV boss Danny Cohen admitting he was shocked he had signed up for both shows.

“I was a little bit surprised,” he said. “He had a commitment, he’s finishing it, but after that he will be solely focused on Top Gear.”

But the insider added: “The reality is that he should be focusing on Top Gear but his mind is on TFI.“It is adding to the frenzy and stress.”
                  Blair

Comment

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May left Top Gear earlier this year but that hasn't stopped the BBC from announcing plans to air a new Top Gear Christmas special.

Dubbed "Top Gear: From A-Z," the show is being billed as a "two-part extravaganza" that celebrates the Top Gear's highly successful run from 2002-2015. The show will be voiced by John Bishop and feature "astonishing footage, insider facts and quirky statistics from the past 13 years of the world’s biggest motoring show."

Little else is known about the special, but the BBC say it will have plenty of behind-the-scenes action as well as a mysterious star guest from the Top Gear celebrity fold. Viewers will also be shown a numbers of stunts and pranks committed during the Clarkson-era. On a more serious note, the special will go on to highlight the "brilliant journalism, beautiful photography, and the trio of middle aged men who sat at the heart of the show."

The show doesn't sound like it will have a lot of footage that hasn't already been seen but it should serve as decent sendoff to the three hosts who made the series a worldwide phenomenon.
                    Blair

Comment

Chris Evans - who was announced as the new host after Jeremy Clarkson was sacked for punching a producer earlier this year - has revealed the new revamped series will begin on Sunday May 8, 2016 on BBC Two.

The first episode will air a week after Chris and his team wrap filming on May 5.

The BBC Radio 2 DJ added that they've "already started making the films" but refused to reveal the identities of his co-hosts.

Speaking to James Martin on BBC One's 'Saturday Kitchen', he shared: "We're going to America to make our first inter-continental in January."

The new series of 'Top Gear' will be made up of 16 episodes while Evans has signed a three-year deal to front the show.

The 49-year-old presenter was recently spotted test driving a McLaren 650S Spider with Jenson Button for the upcoming series but the Formula 1 driver previously rubbished claims he's set to join the show on a permanent basis after signing a new deal with McLaren for next season.

Meanwhile, Clarkson and his former 'Top Gear' colleagues James May and Richard Hammond are set to host an all new car show on Amazon Prime.
                      Blair

Comment

New Top Gear is set to be hosted by Chris Evans, Chris Harris, and Sabine Schmitz. I think this show has potential! Starts May 8th

http://jalopnik.com/chris-harris-and...=1450879992960
                        Scott
                        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I have heard David Coulthard as well to make four, which is quite possible since the BBC is dropping F1 coverage.

Sounds like a fairly strong line-up to me!
                          Blair

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                            I have heard David Coulthard as well to make four, which is quite possible since the BBC is dropping F1 coverage.

Sounds like a fairly strong line-up to me!
                            I think it's the opposite. Far to many car people. What made top gear great was the cars themselves were just a tool to do other stuff. This assembled cast I believe is going to ruin that, won't be able to relate to the regular people.

Comment

Anyone else catch the 2 part Christmas special from A-Z?

It was a much better send off for the guys then that last episode . Lots of great memories...I completely forgot about the Bolivia trip (s14 e6), one of my favourites for sure!
                              -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by bonfire View Post
                                I think it's the opposite. Far to many car people. What made top gear great was the cars themselves were just a tool to do other stuff. This assembled cast I believe is going to ruin that, won't be able to relate to the regular people.
                                I am not sure, I think this way they might be able to give actual reviews of cars, but the latest rumors suggest the new show is just crumbling so not sure if what it will be like when it actually happens.

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
                                Anyone else catch the 2 part Christmas special from A-Z?

It was a much better send off for the guys then that last episode . Lots of great memories...I completely forgot about the Bolivia trip (s14 e6), one of my favourites for sure!
                                I forgot about that, I will have to give this a watch on the iPlayer this week as my TV signal is not so good at the new place until I get hooked up to the buildings antenna. There was also the Sherlock special on New Years if anyone is interested.
                                Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X