Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

This is getting comical now it seems...

New Top Gear presenter Chris Evans appeared to take a handbrake turn for the worse during filming of the BBC motoring show in California recently.
    Evans was forced to make a hurried exit from an Audi R8 V10, which was being driven at the Mazda Raceway track in Monterey by co-star Sabine Schmitz, in order to be sick.

After getting out of the £134,500 luxury sports car, the 49-year-old, who was confirmed as Jeremy Clarkson's replacement last year, was photographed hunched over and retching by the side of the racetrack.

Speaking to The Sun, a source said: "It would be unfair to expect him to be perfect right from the word 'go'. But how can someone who gets car sick possibly host Top Gear?"

Evans was given a bottle of water by a member of the crew and appeared to recover quickly from the incident.

This is not the only speed bump Evans has encountered since filming began on the new series, which will air from May 8 this year.

Recent reports suggested that the TFI Friday host was struggling to talk and drive at the same time, causing him to fluff his lines repeatedly. This claim was later denied by the BBC.

Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 01-19-2016, 03:00 AM.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

And we will turn it on/download it to watch the gong show...
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

not a good start

isn't chris harris signed on a host now? he should be the main guy.. he's awesome, can drive and won't puke

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
          not a good start

isn't chris harris signed on a host now? he should be the main guy.. he's awesome, can drive and won't puke

Yeah! Harris and Sabine Schmitz yes! Chris Evans no.
          --
          Rod
          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

In a rather surprising announcement, BBC has revealed today Matt LeBlanc will join the revamped Top Gear UK show.

Known best for his role of “Joey” in the hit “Friends” sitcom, Matt LeBlanc will co-host the new Top Gear alongside Chris Evans once the show will kick off in May. LeBlanc is no stranger to the show taking into account he is the fastest Star in a Reasonably Priced Car. He lapped the test track at Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey in 1 minute and 42.1 seconds with a Kia cee apostrophe d. That wasn’t his only appearance on the show and he also presented the “Top Gear: The Races” standalone spin-off.

Interestingly, it’s the first time in Top Gear’s entire 39-year history when the show will have a non-British host. BBC also announced today that other cast members will be revealed in the near future. It is believed Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz will also join the team along with former Formula 1 driver David Coulthard.

Meanwhile at Amazon, former TG trio (Clarkson, May, and Hammond) is preparing for a brand new show that will initially have three seasons consisting of 12 episodes per season. It will air online on Amazon Prime starting this fall and we already know one of the episodes will feature the Holy Trinity (P1, LaFerrari, 918).
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I think that's a massive signing for them. Anyone who's ever seen him outside of his Joey character knows he has a super dark sense of humour and is a really likeable guy. I'm really looking forward to this.
              Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

I agree and plus they have to separate themselves from the other show and I think this will help with that for sure. Also with his show Episodes I think he is already well known outside of Friends over here.
                Blair

Comment

an interesting move for sure! i don't mind him at all but i hope they keep chris harris around still that guy is amazing but hopefully the show goes in the right direction..

Comment

BBC has finally revealed the entire Top Gear cast which includes no less than seven members.

Without further ado, the full lineup for the revamped Top Gear UK show consists of: Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris, Eddie Jordan, Sabine Schmitz, Rory Reid, and of course, the mysterious The Stig. As you probably remember, there was a rumor about Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz joining the show and now it’s official. Last week we also heard Eddie Jordan would be a part of the team and that turned out to be true as well.

One rumor that didn't materialize concerns former Formula 1 driver David Coulthard who was also believed to join the team, but in the end that proved to be untrue.
                    Speaking about the official reveal, famous YouTuber Chris Harris told BBC “I have such enormous respect for all my fellow presenters and I politely ask that they go easy on these old bones.”

As for former Formula 1 team owner Eddie Jordan, he declared “I have such enormous respect for all my fellow presenters and I politely ask that they go easy on these old bones.”

We’ve seen Sabine Schmitz on the old Top Gear format several times and now she has been promoted to co-host. In a statement made today, she declared “the chance to combine both driving and filming was too good an opportunity to pass up.”

Journalist Rory Reid was picked after BBC organized public auditions last year in the search for new co-hosts. He was surprised to make it to the final list as he believed his chances were slim when he submitted the 30-second audition tape.

Talking about the announcement, The Stig said the following: “-.-. ……– .. . –..– / .– . .—-. .-. . / …. — – . .-.-.-.”

Top Gear UK returns May 8.

Blair

Comment

First teaser for new Top Gear

Blair

Comment

Extended version of the above trailer

Blair

Comment

Amazon’s new motoring show starring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May will be called The Grand Tour.

In a statement, the former Top Gear trio thanked fans for taking the time to send in their suggestions for the name, which they said were “much appreciated”.

“Thing is,” said Clarkson, “we’ll be travelling the world hosting each episode in a different country, from a giant tent. It’s a sort of ‘grand tour’, if you like. So we’ve decided to call it The Grand Tour.”

May said he was underwhelmed by the name. “I wanted to call it ‘Nigel’, or ‘Roger’,” he said. “We needed a name, and they’re names.”

Hammond was more positive. “I already love camping,” he said. “But this is something else. We are like our pioneering and prospecting forebears, sallying forth into a new frontier of broadcasting, and making our home where

The Grand Tour’s Facebook page features a video showing some of the spoof names that were under consideration, including “Automates”, “A Small Puddle of Excellence” and “The Ace Biscuit”.

Early reports had suggested the show might be called Gear Knobs, but in April Clarkson claimed the BBC had a legal right to stop the new show using the word “gear” in the title.

The name the trio chose fits with their ambition to do something different to the BBC series, moving further away from the traditional car show format with studio segments and big set-pieces.

The Grand Tour is set to debut this autumn on Amazon’s video service. It is not yet clear whether all the episodes will be released in one go, as Amazon and rival Netflix have done with many of their drama series, or follow a more traditional scheduled pattern, though May has previously said it is likely to be the latter.

Amazon is paying £160m for three series of the show, which is being made by a production company set up by the three former Top Gear presenters and long-time producer Andy Wilman called W Chump & Sons.

The streaming service’s European video boss told the Guardian last month that the trio were “worth big money”.

The unveiling of the show’s name comes just weeks before the BBC is due to laiunch the new series of Top Gear fronted by Chris Evans, along with co-presenters including former Friends star Matt LeBlanc.

The show has been beset by reports of production problems including controversy over filming near London’s Cenotaph memorial and allegations Evans is a bully.

However, Evans and the BBC have both denied there is friction among the cast.
                          Blair

Comment

I'm watching the new Top Gear as I type this... My verdict so far: Meh. I'll post more later once I'm finished the episode.
                            Scott
                            '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                            '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Pictures of the Grand Tour traveling tent setup

Blair

Comment

November 18th!

https://mobile.twitter.com/thegrandt...64371565043712
                                Scott
                                '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                                '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Working...
                                X