Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clarkson, Hammond & May Sunday!

So good, have now watched it twice, can't wait to see the rest of the season. I'll take a P1 thanks.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Anyone still watching? 4 episodes out now and two have been painful!
      -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
        Anyone still watching? 4 episodes out now and two have been painful!
        I caught up on episode 2 and 3 last night.

I thought episode two was pretty bad... although the vulcan.....

Episode 3 was much better. but i still absolutely hate the dumb American racer and the whole killing celebrities thing....

Comment

I still have mixed feelings about the show. They've all had their funny moments, but I've found episodes 2 and 4 to be pretty meh overall. I'm with Danny though - The American needs to lose the stupid commentary and he'd be alright, and the celebrity killing needs to stop. It was funny for the first episode or two, but now I feel like they're just beating a dead horse. You can't have celebrities on your show because of Top Gear. We get it. Move on.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Yep 2 and 4 were the episodes I didn't enjoy either. Two was so bad other then the Vulcan, but that was 8mins of a 60 min show lol.

I was surprised they carried on with the celebrity thing after episode one, I agree, we get it...

American driver is awful also.

I've been watching a bunch of my favourite episodes from the old series so I guess that isn't helping, shows from seasons 5/6/7/8 were pretty much perfect back then! I completely forgot about the France super car trip, so good!
            -Mike

Comment

I don't like it at all.
              The American couldn't be more annoying.
              The overall flow is terrible. Hopefully it gets better.

Comment

I have not watched any episodes yet, still no internet at home here in HK and not sure how to go about getting it either (the show not the internet) but I hope to catch up maybe over Christmas time if possible.

It has been said that this show is the most illegally downloaded show in history though which is very interesting given Amazon`s business model on this one.

http://www.motor1.com/news/130941/th...gal-downloads/
                Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 12-12-2016, 08:34 PM.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I might be in the minority, but I've enjoyed all the episodes thus far. Sure, some have been better than others, but all in all I think they're great.
                  2008 Audi RS4
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Just watching the latest episode. That American driver needs to be fired, he's utterly useless and ridiculously unfunny.

I haven't seen any of the new Top Gear, but it cannot possibly be as bad as this.

Comment

Yup. Drop the American and the celebrity bit, and I don't mind the rest of the show.
                      Stefan
                      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I think the celebrity bit is ok, they stick to the same bit each time so you get a small laugh. The American is anoying but I think it was done to pander to that audience, or well make fun of them.
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                          Just watching the latest episode. That American driver needs to be fired, he's utterly useless and ridiculously unfunny.

I haven't seen any of the new Top Gear, but it cannot possibly be as bad as this.
                          Oh yes it can be.

But I agree the American must go.
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                            It is (was) much worse. I'm not even sure they are going to try another season of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Red90 View Post
                              It is (was) much worse. I'm not even sure they are going to try another season of it.
                              I haven't seen a date yet, but the next season is starting "soon" according to their Facebook page. It will be without Chris Evans though, so Chris Harris, Matt LeBlanc, and Rory Reid will be the main presenters. I think that should make the next season better than the last one.
                              Scott
                              '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                              '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Teaser for new Top Gear series and I think it is looking good, this lineup should work now.

Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X