iPhone 5 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPhone 5 released

^^^ This, not to mention mac and appletv sync. I'm in bed with apple and it would cost way to much to change up....... That being said however, I have a nexus 7 android tablet as well (just to have an android) and you can't do nearly as much on the android as you can on the apple. WAY more apps that fit my family! The nexus is pretty much just a gameboy for the kids.....
    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

here's an example of how much better the camera on the 5 is compared to the 4.......Both "scans" were taken with the same app.

On iPhone 4

On iPhone 5

What a difference!
      Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Bought an iphone 5 on sunday and I am returning it today becuase the one I got is a lemon FML

I hope Best Buy does not make this a pain in the arse for me to return it.
        Tint sucks

Comment

I "reserved" one through Rogers 2 weeks ago, I was supposed to have it by today or I get a $50 credit on one of my next two bills...I'm glad it didn't show on time lol.
          -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
            I "reserved" one through Rogers 2 weeks ago, I was supposed to have it by today or I get a $50 credit on one of my next two bills...I'm glad it didn't show on time lol.
            2 weeks from release date (Oct 5th). I got the call for mine today.
            Last edited by RobG; 09-27-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post
              2 weeks from release date (Oct 5th). I got the call for mine today.
              Yep your right, just reread the email lol, I thought the release was before my reservation for some reason. So the official release is the 5th?
              -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                ^^^ This, not to mention mac and appletv sync. I'm in bed with apple and it would cost way to much to change up....... That being said however, I have a nexus 7 android tablet as well (just to have an android) and you can't do nearly as much on the android as you can on the apple. WAY more apps that fit my family! The nexus is pretty much just a gameboy for the kids.....

Perhaps for family. I have iPad at home and currently have Samsung and Asus android tablets at work. For the work related tasks I'm looking for, Android has much better apps, I am finding. Also, since I don't have Apple TV, android devices stream wireless media to my home theatre system a little better than iPad.

For work stuff, I could get my iPad to connect to VPN, but couldn't do much after that. I can get more out of the android in this case with VPN and file browsers. The task being using a tablet to view plans in the field by pulling them off of the server at work.
                Stefan
                -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  the way I look at it is unless google will credit you for all those app purchases to switch platforms i'm not switching from apple anytime soon.. between my iphone,ipad and wife iphone,ipad we have hundreds of dollars in paid apps,magazines,etc which i'm not throwing away.
                  Good ol Entanglement. I wouldn't be persuing the hardware builder, but the software app developer, re; handset compatibility & transfer of licenses.
                  Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Took the plunge today, all I can say after 5 solid hours of playing with the new GS3 I chose to go with, **** you apple.

Comment

I've been hearing nothing about good things about the GS3 and lots of "meh" things about the iPhone 5 it seems. The back of my 4 shattered yesterday and it turns out I'm out of warranty now, so I'm probably just going to pay off the rest of my phone and get the GS3
                      Scott
                      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

You realize a new back is $5 on ebay?

Pat

His
                        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

I know, but my battery is battery is dying too, plus I'm just ready for something different. I use my phone quite a bit for work, so the company should cover at least part of the upgrade cost. I figure I can get the GS3 for about $75 at most, so why not.
                          Scott
                          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Jelly bean (Android 4.1) will be out for the One X this month as well, I am quite enjoying mine so far!
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Absolutely LOVE my Galaxy S3 and have nothing but good things to say about it too!
                              Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 10-02-2012, 08:22 AM.
                              ~Tracy~
                              MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                              Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

I just got the iPhone 5, it's decent as far as a phone goes. There are many advantages of the android world, but Apple has integrated the phone into so many other parts of our day that making the switch would be tough.

Comment

Working...
                                X