Calgary's Best/Worst Car Wash Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calgary's Best/Worst Car Wash Thread

Since I'm too damn lazy to detail my interior sometimes, and lack the necessary tools, does anyone know of a good trustworthy place that does quality interior details? It would probably be a one time thing after I finish building my car, then I'd just maintain it.
    Last edited by Fizzo20; 04-17-2013, 12:36 PM.
    -Faraaz

Comment

Try this?

Comment

Hahahah NO! But come to think of it, a fully washable waterproof interior would be kinda cool, no?
        -Faraaz

Comment

Buy a Honda Element

Pat

His
          1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
          1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
          1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
          2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
          Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Or a jeep

Comment

It's all good, it's CDI!
              15 GTI
              65 Beetle
              87 BMW E30

Comment

i use the wash bay in my underground parkade that 2 stalls down from mine.

its GLORIOUS. hot water and everything
                Team Highschool
                Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

When Im feeling lazy I go to the one behind SFC, otherwise its the one on Heritage and Fairmount.

Used to go to the one by Hooters with the liquor store, (Now a Kal Tire) nothing better then a beer and a wash at the same time!!

Comment

Originally posted by R-Audi View Post
                    When Im feeling lazy I go to the one behind SFC, otherwise its the one on Heritage and Fairmount.

Used to go to the one by Hooters with the liquor store, (Now a Kal Tire) nothing better then a beer and a wash at the same time!!
                    Blue Bays! I loved that place in winter, but come summer time the timers got turned down, and I only stopped in for beer.
                    GT3071R and more...

Comment

update: Carwash.ca in midnapore now has a speed bump where you exit the carwash......... i had a pretty rough time getting out of the wash today...

i asked the worker why they put a speedbump in and he said its because too many people are bumping the overhead door to exit the carwash. i told him that hes most likley going to lose some business and most likley damage some nice cars. he looked at me with a blank face and said "oh i never thought of that"

danny needs a new carwash
                      Last edited by Danaldson; 04-30-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Danny needs new suspension

Anyways i also found out the other day there is another terrible spray nozzle, think it was the third double bay in the second car position, missing a section of spray and it shudders like nobodies business

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                          Danny needs new suspension
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                            i use the wash bay in my underground parkade that 2 stalls down from mine.

its GLORIOUS. hot water and everything
                            I gots to get me a copy of your garage opener.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmanCANADA View Post
                              Found the bylaw page: http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/ABS/Pages.../Drainage.aspx

Fines for violations of these regulations range between $75 and $3,000 for the first offence.

So does this mean that I can't even rinse off the driveway when I mow the lawn?
                              As per the bylaw

Every person who is convicted of an offence pursuant to this Bylaw is subject to one of the following penalties:
                              (a) a fine amount of not more than $10,000.00;
                              (b) imprisonment for not more than 1 year;
                              (c) both (a) and (b).
                              The fines might start at $75, but those are not the ones you will be fined, probably this one

Releasing, or allowing the release, of wastewater that does not comply with all other requirements of the Bylaw into the wastewater system
                              $1000 Minimum Penalty
                              $3000 Specified Penalty
                              That's also if they only fine you for one. I have heard they also charge you x amount of dollars for every sewer they find what they think is your crap in between the entrance point, and exit to the river point. The x amount I have heard is $100, but I have no proof of that in writing. I understand the need for the bylaw, but as mentioned for every guy that washes his car, 10 leak stuff way worse and will never get a fine.

In terms of the brush, if you don't like the brush in the car wash just bring your own sponge or ect. Even pressure washing won't get all the dirt out of it and you still will be washing your car with a dirty brush.
                              Ben
                              2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                              2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                              2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                              Her's
                              2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Actually you may wash your car on the street in Calgary.

Sewers and drainage - FAQ

Can I wash my car on the street?

Under theDrainage Bylaw 37M2005, you may use only water to clean your car. If you are washing your car on the street, you must not use any kind of soap or any product other than water, and your car must not be overly dirty. Since the Drainage Bylaw states that only water may enter the storm sewers, we strongly suggest using a carwash to wash vehicles.

What is the fine for washing my car with soap on the street?

The specified fine for violating this section of the bylaw is $500 for a first offence.

Can I use biodegradable soap to wash my car on the street?

No. All soaps and detergents are prohibited substances under the Drainage Bylaw. Only plain water can be used to wash vehicles.
                                Last edited by wildguess; 11-18-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X