Opinion on Satelite TV Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinion on Satelite TV Companies

I never knew the recievers (HDTV) ones were sooo damn pricey. You cant find too many of them used either.

Originally posted by Ryan
    umm AVR is a card that EMU's on board all the stuff you need.. jtag is a chip on the sat that you have to read to get some codes or flash i forget my buddy at work is all into the bells. he soldered a 25pin serial to his board so he can flash at will without ripping it apart..

crappy thing about bells now is if you want to get the good price they force you to sign a contract!!! you can buy it straight out but its stupid expensive..
    i want to get a bell but 800 bucks for the HDTV setup is $$$$$
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Nah, I get all the globals from Newfoundland - B.C

But no calgary achannel..and lots of sports are blacked out...Not with american sat!
      REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
      -james

Comment

who watches a-chan anyways... get your news from global get your major shows from the real fox,nbc,etc channels..

Comment

I had an american dish for 4 years but it was un-reliable. You never know when they were going to zap your card, which sucked. So i bought a starchoice, it has to be dead on accurate to work good (no wind etc) So we sold it and bought a bell express with the recorder. I could not go back to anything else. You can pause it, skip commercials etc it even displays who is phoning you with out getting off the couch. Never had a problem with it, even in poor weather. I highly reccomend it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby
            I had an american dish for 4 years but it was un-reliable. You never know when they were going to zap your card, which sucked. So i bought a starchoice, it has to be dead on accurate to work good (no wind etc) So we sold it and bought a bell express with the recorder. I could not go back to anything else. You can pause it, skip commercials etc it even displays who is phoning you with out getting off the couch. Never had a problem with it, even in poor weather. I highly reccomend it!!!
            That is good to hear. I have been looking at the Bell systems with the PVR, and I think that is the way to go.

Can you tell me this, is there a way to record programs with the PVR, and then either record them to a VCR, or download them to your computer to be put on VCD or DVD?

Thanks,

Gaf
            www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

umm well I know you can disconect the hard drive from a PVR and the mount it in linux and copy,etc from it but only on a linux box and you have to know what your doing its not like mounting a normal drive.. google it i spose..

Comment

Yes you can run it into a dvd recorder, that is on my shopping list in the future, i usually set the timer and record movies to watch later, but sometimes i would like to record the good ones.

Comment

I think that Bell is picking up Achannel calgary, my dad heard something about it and now he wants to get it. But you could be like alot of americans and get your news from CNN.
                  Nick
                  There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
                    I think that Bell is picking up Achannel calgary, my dad heard something about it and now he wants to get it. But you could be like alot of americans and get your news from CNN.
                    I prefer Calgary local news, plus A channel is still better than CNN. Thanks for all the help guys.

Gaf
                    Last edited by gaffer; 03-02-2004, 11:07 AM.
                    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                    X