Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Math classes

Originally posted by QuA
    Im going to Comp Sci to learn more of the programming foundations since Im not too strong in that area. U of C doesnt ever guarntee you a job but it helps. For me all the schools i've been to, U of C is the most challenging. University defintely has a higher standard.
    One thing I would say is that you don't learn much programming in the UofC program. A lot of classes just kind of expect you to have already learned it or to pick it up on your own. This isn't necessarilly a strategy I agree with (it produces some terrible programmers), but at the same time I think that programming is not really what its "all about".
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Well I have a basic understanding already =P I would rather get a degree while im gaining knowledge then not getting a degree and just learning in my room.

QuA
      2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

Comment

Go for some computer engineering, thats where I might be next year.
        Nick
        There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
          Go for some computer engineering, thats where I might be next year.
          Same thing, different program name. Only difference I can see is that in your early years they make you take things like statics/dynamics and other crap that I can't possibly see helping.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

University education is awesome in my opinion,

and secondly,

Am I the only science guy around here.

When i was in University I couldn't wait to be done. Now that I'm done, I totally miss it. Probably miss more the social scene , but I do miss going to class. Now, I spend alot of my spare time reading.
            2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

I agree 100% Volinder uni was a great time. I do have a BSc with my major in Geography, which is why I am working as an accountant, hence I am now working towards and HBComm and my CGA.

It seems this is not the first discussion we have had about you guys and your computer jobs vs education.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Engineering is the bombtang... Yes they make you take things like statics/dynamics, but if you can get through it all, it's totally worth it.

I'm currently on my internship and I miss school so much it hurts. It's by far the best times I've had in my life.

If anyone has the opportunity to get a degree, they should take it.
                huh?

2003 GTI Silverstone Gray

Comment

Working...
                X