Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cupra-zilla !!!

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
    Damn you're crafty Bob!!!! Can't wait to see it on the car!
    I second this! Good Job. Curious to see how much more aggressive it'll look on the car.

Comment

I would like to watch you do this kind of stuff. Awesome craftsmanship!

Pat

His
      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Test fit the poly version of the curpa-zilla! Aggressive but not over the top. I think it will really look good in the carbon fiber version. To sunny to take good pictures of a silver and black car. Will get some better when the sun drops.

Comment

Dayamn. That looks good. Wonder how it would look on a B7 A4.

Comment

You need to start making these in multiples! Are you going to carbon fibre over the current shape or create a mould and carbon fibre fill that?

Comment

good job!
              2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

wicked job!

Comment

Originally posted by makaheehee View Post
                  Dayamn. That looks good. Wonder how it would look on a B7 A4.
                  Cupra lips work on B5, B6 and B7s and a bunch of other Vags. I think they look best on a MK4 r32. Actually the B5 S4 is the hardest to fit an OEM Cupra R lip on because of the amount of trimming. That is the reason I started making my own. I think I will do version that is full is full length for other applications.

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                  You need to start making these in multiples! Are you going to carbon fibre over the current shape or create a mold and carbon fibre fill that?
                  I will be making molds. I think the final version will be in three pieces, the two outer wings and the centre fairing. This will make it easier to install on other applications. This also would allow for having the centre fairing in other materials like silver carbon fiber etc. I will be wrapping this prototype in CF to have a super strong and flexible winter version. Plus I want to get a version back on the car as soon as possible because IMO my car looks funny without one.

It would be nice to be able to make copies in plastic like the OEM version. Anybody have experience in injection molding, Vacuum forming etc.?
                  Last edited by bobkatkat; 04-21-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

They also look really good on A3 S-lines.

I'd love a CF one
                    Last edited by Ponto; 04-21-2014, 10:00 AM.
                    2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                    2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by intocco View Post
                      It would be nice to be able to make copies in plastic like the OEM version. Anybody have experience in injection molding, Vacuum forming etc.?
                      Not personally but I know there are a bunch of shops in Vancouver that provide that service, I'm sure there are some in Calgary too.

Comment

Injection molding would be too expensive unless you are planning on doing this on a large scale...

Having the molds made (CNC the steel) will cost anywhere from 10k and up..(Size and material quality dependent, along with where it is made) then to run each batch through it will be around $0.50+ depending on the material etc.

No idea about vacuum forming or any others.

Comment

Quality work in this thread!!! Looks amazing Bob!!
                          Blair
                          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Awesome job! The CF is going to look so good!
                            Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by intocco View Post
                              I have some exposure to vacuum forming boat parts, although nothing that complex. I can certainly point you in the right direction regarding resin choices etc.

A
                              www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Wow! looks sick! Would definitely love one for my B7!

Comment

Working...
                                X