Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apology to club

Hey guys,

In regards to my reckless driving in the M3. I do apologize for not only making the club look bad, but for possibly endangering the lives of others. As many of you know I recently lost my father, and life has been very tough. I have taken to driving as my one solace to put my mind at ease, because me and him shared a very special bond over cars, especially the shared dream of one day owning an E92 M3. Sometimes I get lost in myself doing this, and as a result I ended up far exceeding speed limits that I should not have, and driving in a manor that is unacceptable anywhere but the race track. This is unacceptable, and my father, being an RCMP member would be ashamed of me. I cannot undo what I did, but I can try to apologize for it. I do promise that whenever I take my M3 out in the future, I will abide by road rules, and I will save that style of driving for the track. The same goes for any vehicles I may own. This was a huge oversight in my mind, I guess I was really still in the "oh wow I've got an M3" mindset, and it took being called out on it to realize. I again sincerely apologize to the club, and to any residents of this neighbourhood.

I really hope any of us who have become friends can stay as such, even if I am no longer a member of the club.

Thank you all for reading,

Kyle

Re: Apology to club

Hey this took some balls, and it was the right thing to do. Good on you. We've all exceeded the speed limits before in various situations not one person on here can say they haven't...the difference is you put it on Youtube is all! I've never met you but I think this was a stand up thing to do. Sorry for your loss and thanks for coming on here to let people know how you feel.
    Bagged 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8T Stage 2 Unitronic, 2016 Tiguan R-Line , S13 SR20DET, Mk2 VR6 Project, 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Thank you Kyle.

I believe that you have been given a chance now to redeem yourself in the eyes of our members. We will be watching. Please contemplate this whole situation and grow as a person from it. I will not be removing you from the club at this time.

Thanks again for listening and hearing me out on this. Even though you might have a few tough days ahead, we are here to help.

Remember, humility while driving and posting on the forums is a virtue.

Cheers,
      Rod
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I would also like to state that this is not at all my normal driving mannerism, I have been driving 2.5 years and only posses one ticket from a photoradar for a minor speeding infraction (in forest lawn where it drops from 60 to 50 I often forget), I have no other infractions. I would really appreciate if members did not look upon me badly for this. I will be putting the M3 away for a wile until I deem myself fit to drive it in a responsible manner.

Thanks again,

Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
          Hey guys,

In regards to my reckless driving in the M3. I do apologize for not only making the club look bad, but for possibly endangering the lives of others. As many of you know I recently lost my father, and life has been very tough. I have taken to driving as my one solace to put my mind at ease, because me and him shared a very special bond over cars, especially the shared dream of one day owning an E92 M3. Sometimes I get lost in myself doing this, and as a result I ended up far exceeding speed limits that I should not have, and driving in a manor that is unacceptable anywhere but the race track. This is unacceptable, and my father, being an RCMP member would be ashamed of me. I cannot undo what I did, but I can try to apologize for it. I do promise that whenever I take my M3 out in the future, I will abide by road rules, and I will save that style of driving for the track. The same goes for any vehicles I may own. This was a huge oversight in my mind, I guess I was really still in the "oh wow I've got an M3" mindset, and it took being called out on it to realize. I again sincerely apologize to the club, and to any residents of this neighbourhood.

I really hope any of us who have become friends can stay as such, even if I am no longer a member of the club.

Thank you all for reading,

Kyle
          ^ Solid. And yet another reason why I'm still posting on ED more than 10 years later... and... knock on wood... 10 years wiser.
          Rob
          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

I'd recommend pulling that video from youtube. You wouldn't be the first to get a ticket from posting a youtube video.

http://www.ungerandkowitt.com/traffi...eeding-Tickets

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
              I'd recommend pulling that video from youtube. You wouldn't be the first to get a ticket from posting a youtube video.

http://www.ungerandkowitt.com/traffi...eeding-Tickets
              I have done so. I will only be uploading future footage of regular driving or of the M3 on the Laguna Seca track (I have a trip planned for later this summer).

Comment

Good on you brother. It may be cheesy, but "with great power, comes great responsibility". The car you have is no joke and it's refreshing to know that someone who possesses a car of that calibre to step up and apologize.

Hopefully, I can spot YOUR car around town.

Comment

Originally posted by petoria View Post
                  Good on you brother. It may be cheesy, but "with great power, comes great responsibility". The car you have is no joke and it's refreshing to know that someone who possesses a car of that calibre to step up and apologize.

Hopefully, I can spot YOUR car around town.
                  I can sadly say that the salesman at BMW said the exact same line to me when I left the lot. I feel stupid for not listening.

Comment

I cant say I watched the video (nor did I want to after I heard what it was about), but it takes a certain type of character to admit their faults and apologize. Good on you for that, and hopefully you learn your lesson from it. We all do stupid things in life, some of us learn, some of us dont. At least you have THE OPPORTUNITY to learn from your mistake. With that kind of power, and at those speeds on tight roads, a slight misjudgement can turn into catastrophe. Those cars are no joke, and i'm glad for both you and the car that neither of you ended up around a pole or tree! Safe driving in the future!
                    Patryk
                    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                    08 VW .:R32
                    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                      I cant say I watched the video (nor did I want to after I heard what it was about), but it takes a certain type of character to admit their faults and apologize. Good on you for that, and hopefully you learn your lesson from it. We all do stupid things in life, some of us learn, some of us dont. At least you have THE OPPORTUNITY to learn from your mistake. With that kind of power, and at those speeds on tight roads, a slight misjudgement can turn into catastrophe. Those cars are no joke, and i'm glad for both you and the car that neither of you ended up around a pole or tree! Safe driving in the future!
                      Couldn't agree more. Seen a few videos on Youtube that do end in ruin :(

Glad nothing bad happened and even happier with your apology as that takes a lot to admit fault.
                      2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
                      2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Good on you for admitting you were in the wrong, takes a lot to do that. I'm just glad no one was hurt...and yes, keep that kind of speed for the track
                        Kyle
                        2000 Audi S4

Comment

Just remember how we all regard that douche kid who owns the black m6. Don't be the douche guy who owns the m3.
                          Good for you for owning up to it though Kyle.
                          Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

Actually though, I never watched the video so I have no comment. This just seemed fitting.
                            Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                            2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Props to you for the apology!
                              I lost my dad 12 years ago...and did ALOT of stupid things afterwards too...but it was my FRIENDS that called me on my BS and stuck by me.
                              Drop me a pm if you ever want to chat...a guy losing his father is one of the shitiest things we all have to go thruogh.
                              Last edited by Geobmx4life; 05-27-2014, 01:00 PM.
                              Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                              Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                              X