X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonewall
    replied
    Re: Apology to club

I can't say I followed what prompted this post but it take a big set of balls to put your name to that and throw it out there. **** happens, live and learn. The most important part is to make sure you live so you can learn more (and have more **** happen).

Edit: As a side note if you are wondering how speeding like that can effect you life I can put you in touch with my widowed sister. She can tell you what it is like to raise two kids with no support. My oldest nephew can tell you what it is like to not have a father to take you to baseball games. My youngest nephew won't be able to tell you anything as his father passed away before his first birthday.
    Sometimes life gives you a wakeup call, it is best not to hit the snooze button and go back to sleep.
    Last edited by Stonewall; 05-30-2014, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cam_wmh
    replied
    Kyle

Chin up. Good on you for quickly admitting to your fault, and then growing & learning from it.

Take care,
    Cam

Leave a comment:

• flipstah
    replied

It takes courage to admit your faults. Respect.

Leave a comment:

• Geobmx4life
    replied

Props to you for the apology!
    I lost my dad 12 years ago...and did ALOT of stupid things afterwards too...but it was my FRIENDS that called me on my BS and stuck by me.
    Drop me a pm if you ever want to chat...a guy losing his father is one of the shitiest things we all have to go thruogh.
    Last edited by Geobmx4life; 05-27-2014, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mcrow
    replied

Actually though, I never watched the video so I have no comment. This just seemed fitting.

Leave a comment:

• hooddub
    replied

Just remember how we all regard that douche kid who owns the black m6. Don't be the douche guy who owns the m3.
    Good for you for owning up to it though Kyle.

Leave a comment:

• Smarty39
    replied

Good on you for admitting you were in the wrong, takes a lot to do that. I'm just glad no one was hurt...and yes, keep that kind of speed for the track

Leave a comment:

• Ponto
    replied

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
    I cant say I watched the video (nor did I want to after I heard what it was about), but it takes a certain type of character to admit their faults and apologize. Good on you for that, and hopefully you learn your lesson from it. We all do stupid things in life, some of us learn, some of us dont. At least you have THE OPPORTUNITY to learn from your mistake. With that kind of power, and at those speeds on tight roads, a slight misjudgement can turn into catastrophe. Those cars are no joke, and i'm glad for both you and the car that neither of you ended up around a pole or tree! Safe driving in the future!
    Couldn't agree more. Seen a few videos on Youtube that do end in ruin :(

Glad nothing bad happened and even happier with your apology as that takes a lot to admit fault.

Leave a comment:

• P Arkus
    replied

I cant say I watched the video (nor did I want to after I heard what it was about), but it takes a certain type of character to admit their faults and apologize. Good on you for that, and hopefully you learn your lesson from it. We all do stupid things in life, some of us learn, some of us dont. At least you have THE OPPORTUNITY to learn from your mistake. With that kind of power, and at those speeds on tight roads, a slight misjudgement can turn into catastrophe. Those cars are no joke, and i'm glad for both you and the car that neither of you ended up around a pole or tree! Safe driving in the future!

Leave a comment:

• ToXicXxX
    replied

Originally posted by petoria View Post
    Good on you brother. It may be cheesy, but "with great power, comes great responsibility". The car you have is no joke and it's refreshing to know that someone who possesses a car of that calibre to step up and apologize.

Hopefully, I can spot YOUR car around town.
    I can sadly say that the salesman at BMW said the exact same line to me when I left the lot. I feel stupid for not listening.

Leave a comment:

• petoria
    replied

Good on you brother. It may be cheesy, but "with great power, comes great responsibility". The car you have is no joke and it's refreshing to know that someone who possesses a car of that calibre to step up and apologize.

Hopefully, I can spot YOUR car around town.

Leave a comment:

• ToXicXxX
    replied

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
    I'd recommend pulling that video from youtube. You wouldn't be the first to get a ticket from posting a youtube video.

http://www.ungerandkowitt.com/traffi...eeding-Tickets
    I have done so. I will only be uploading future footage of regular driving or of the M3 on the Laguna Seca track (I have a trip planned for later this summer).

Leave a comment:

• witchcraftz
    replied

I'd recommend pulling that video from youtube. You wouldn't be the first to get a ticket from posting a youtube video.

http://www.ungerandkowitt.com/traffi...eeding-Tickets

Leave a comment:

• Deuce
    replied

Originally posted by ToXicXxX View Post
    Hey guys,

In regards to my reckless driving in the M3. I do apologize for not only making the club look bad, but for possibly endangering the lives of others. As many of you know I recently lost my father, and life has been very tough. I have taken to driving as my one solace to put my mind at ease, because me and him shared a very special bond over cars, especially the shared dream of one day owning an E92 M3. Sometimes I get lost in myself doing this, and as a result I ended up far exceeding speed limits that I should not have, and driving in a manor that is unacceptable anywhere but the race track. This is unacceptable, and my father, being an RCMP member would be ashamed of me. I cannot undo what I did, but I can try to apologize for it. I do promise that whenever I take my M3 out in the future, I will abide by road rules, and I will save that style of driving for the track. The same goes for any vehicles I may own. This was a huge oversight in my mind, I guess I was really still in the "oh wow I've got an M3" mindset, and it took being called out on it to realize. I again sincerely apologize to the club, and to any residents of this neighbourhood.

I really hope any of us who have become friends can stay as such, even if I am no longer a member of the club.

Thank you all for reading,

Kyle
    ^ Solid. And yet another reason why I'm still posting on ED more than 10 years later... and... knock on wood... 10 years wiser.

Leave a comment:

• ToXicXxX
    replied

I would also like to state that this is not at all my normal driving mannerism, I have been driving 2.5 years and only posses one ticket from a photoradar for a minor speeding infraction (in forest lawn where it drops from 60 to 50 I often forget), I have no other infractions. I would really appreciate if members did not look upon me badly for this. I will be putting the M3 away for a wile until I deem myself fit to drive it in a responsible manner.

Thanks again,

Kyle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X