Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for cable modem, advice, switching providers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for cable modem, advice, switching providers...

excuse me, 5mbit is 35 a month (when u own the modem) and 7m 45 (10/mo more for extreme)

although if i were to upgrade my connection, id just go with the biz pack so i could get the static ips

edit: Don't forget 3web's roots....free and dirt cheap dialup, if you ever used them back then (I was lucky, went with cadvision haha) you'd never even consider switching to their cable :P
    edit: haha also, the biggest tool that Mike and I went to SAIT with for IT training got a job there...take that for what you will!
    Last edited by James; 07-20-2005, 01:25 PM.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
      speaking of nerdy stuff today i sold out and bought a 20gig ipod color.. fresh off the boat.. good stuff
      Ryan, a colour? Well then I'm just guessing but I may have found you the cell phone to match

Sorry for thread jacking, but Ryan did it first
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by James
        excuse me, 5mbit is 35 a month (when u own the modem) and 7m 45 (10/mo more for extreme)

although if i were to upgrade my connection, id just go with the biz pack so i could get the static ips

edit: Don't forget 3web's roots....free and dirt cheap dialup, if you ever used them back then (I was lucky, went with cadvision haha) you'd never even consider switching to their cable :P
        edit: haha also, the biggest tool that Mike and I went to SAIT with for IT training got a job there...take that for what you will!
        Yeah, those are Shaw's prices, and if I'm unhappy with 3web, I'll go shaw, but I have heard good and bad, I'll reserve judgement for myself...I have the modem now, a Motorola SB5100, so I just have to sign up, and get my free month.....and why would you need static IP?
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Aleks
          .....and why would you need static IP?
          James' and I are in the middle of setting up a VPN between our two places... that is why the static IP is cool.
          Last edited by Mr. Burns; 07-20-2005, 05:34 PM.

Present
          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
          2003 VW Jetta GLI
          1992 VW Jetta GL
          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

haha mike i have a tunnel to work and i can bring home my cisco ip wireless phone and use it from home if i choose to.. not too shabby but a bit nerdy

Comment

haha mike i have a tunnel to work and i can bring home my cisco ip wireless phone and use it from home if i choose to.. not too shabby but a bit nerdy
              Chicks love the nerds!
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Because of their big hard drives
                Drive It Like You Stole It

Comment

Ya, I just opened 3389 thru the firewall at work so I can get to my house (i know its not secure, but all i do is download music off oink haha)

I also want static IP's (you get 2 on biz package) for my exchange server and web server so that I dont have these crappy dynamics anymore and have to update DNS everytime shaw changes my ip heh
                  Last edited by James; 07-21-2005, 08:30 AM.
                  REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
                  -james

Comment

Working...
                  X