• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a new turbo for my TDI

thats not a bad turbo
    sigpic

Comment

That's not bad, but you are only buying a little over stock. A VNT 17VB or a PD150 turbo as they are called to would be a way better choice for you now and in the future.
      I understand not wanting a new tune as money is probably leaving your wallet faster then you thought for this car. The PD150 turbo you can live without the tune and when the $$ or desire comes in you are ready to go. Another thing is you have already caught the mod bug, paying $875 for this now and buying a bigger one in a year will really set you back. Trying to resell the turbo's is one that is not exactly easy. If they are run to hard, wrong oil is used, or to long on an oil change can all affect the life of the turbo.
      The one extra hose you need for the PD150 if that is what is holding you back, well I have one in the garage, $75 and its yours. I no longer have any pd150 turbo's in my possession so this is just collecting dust.
      Last but not least, if in 6 months you are wanting some more power you can add the boost valve, boost gauge, and a 3 bar map and get more boost with the stock chip. You could do it with only the 3bar map, but if are thinking of a chip the other two are highly recommended.
      The $$ and the choice is yours, I just know what has been proven to work time in and time out. 3-4 years ago this was the turbo to have for the TDi performance nuts. Now its just not big enough, so that is why many are going the even bigger route.
      Ben
      2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
      2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
      2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
      Her's
      2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Seems that the turbo is the least of my worries. Lawrence took a look and the turbo is OK and still has good power. Looks like my injection pump is the problem. I am starting a new thread.
        2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
        X