Replacement Key Fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Key Fob

We recently purchased a 2004 A4, but it only came with the one Key Fob and the Valet Key, we don't currently "need" a second key until we do need one. I called the dealer and we all know they charge you 10X the norm. What are the options for a second key?

Thanks,

Re: Replacement Key Fob

eBay. Just get it cut at the dealer and you can program it at home with vag com im sure.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I will have to find the link but I found a seller back east that will sell you a fob and cut you a key if you provide them with a spare. Also you can't just program a new key with vag-com without the SKC number which the dealer is no longer able to give out. I have a vag-tacho that supposedly is able to read the code out so you can program new keys but I haven't got around to testing it yet. I too also need to get another key one of these days so maybe I should get on that.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I have Vag-tacho as well and it worked perfect.

A word of caution with ebay keys though... if you order a blank make sure it's brass? like the OEM keys otherwise no one here will cut it - wrecks their machine.
        Work - houzz / linkedin
        Play - haldex swap

Comment

Who can cut one locally?

So far ECS is looking the best with a cut key delivered for $160

Comment

The dealerships and a place by 5th Ave VW… forget the name.
            Work - houzz / linkedin
            Play - haldex swap

Comment

From what I heard there are a couple places in town. I have also heard that the non-brass (ie cheap chinese @hit) have a tendency to break off in locks.
              Name: Brent
              His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
              Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
              X