What's it worth to Sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's it worth to Sell?

Well not sure why it has taken so long for someone to ask, but what will replace it Rob?
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Sarah and I both enjoy the AWD A4, So instead of sharing it, why not just get another one?

Comment

Go for an S this time
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Like this:

Comment

YES like that!
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by TDI DUB View Post
              ..... I can wait until the spring, it's not the best season to be selling cars....
              You'd be surprised. Lots of people with insurance cheques ready to spend. I noticed the TDi hype explode late summer. Everyone was asking for them and the cost of them went up significantly. Jump on the trend while its still hot. Doesnt hurt to throw it online. Its free for private sellers and you never know someone might just come along.

Comment

I'm going to drive the Wagon, it's up to Sarah as to what she wants. I do see it in the future that she will want the space of the wagon and I'll drive what ever the other car ends up being.

Comment

personally rob i'd get 2 avants!

i love the allroad and if i could i'd drive an s4 avant instead

if they make a b8 s4 avant here finally i'll buy that the added space is just nice to have

Comment

Wait to sell it, not many people are buying cars right now due to Christmas. My brother has a 2003 Jetta with 240,000 km on kijiji and has barely gotten a hit and my wifes 04 Passat has only got the scammers calling me.

Also fix the windshield if you are planning on asking top $$$. Everybody is looking for a problem when they run around your car, don't let something simple as a windshield make you lose $500-800.

Car does look great though, just need that special buyer that see's it for what its worth.
                    Ben
                    2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                    2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                    2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                    Her's
                    2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post

Also fix the windshield if you are planning on asking top $$$. Everybody is looking for a problem when they run around your car, don't let something simple as a windshield make you lose $500-800.
                      Agreed, a clean car with a new window should be easy sale in the spring.

Comment

Nothing is an easy sell. Kijiji mostly has morons. Autotrader used to have more serious buyers. Now they are a dealer flyer. Had a 03 c5z06 vette, was a 75-85k car when new, only 48kms, 4k mods, sold for barely 22k, was cheapest in Canada with less than 80k. Make sure if anyone is interested, you take a non refundable deposit. No matter how serious the buyer, even if you work with them for a month, they will phone you at noon friday and ask if you can take it to a dealer for an inspection. Then the dealer won't even measure the pad thickness and just hazard a guess that they are low. Thanks shaw gmc.

Maybe z06 attracts them more than most, but I have had similar stories with other sales.

Advice, get an inspection at your dime, at your leisure so there aren't any surprises for you and them.
                        Last edited by Gamman; 12-18-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X