Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LF: someone who wants to supercharge a 2.slow

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
    I'd love to see this on my TDI. Add the supercharger for instant low end and a big turbo for the high end. These are pictures of someone who did that.
    http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/q...tiksen%20osia/
    Ok, not to shoot you down but this wouldn't be ideal in the slightest bit. Did you look at all the pictures of that guys build? He removed the entire front end of the car and rebuilt EVERYTHING and did custom fab work on almost every part replaced. Another thing is too, he was using a MKIII, with an AHU TDI motor, not and MKIV with your PD motor. A super charger isn't going to do as much for you rather you just put a twin turbo setup. Either way, both are retarded for just a FWD car. Even if you put a LSD in, you will spin the tires everytime you accelerate.
    2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
    Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
      Ok, not to shoot you down but this wouldn't be ideal in the slightest bit. Did you look at all the pictures of that guys build? He removed the entire front end of the car and rebuilt EVERYTHING and did custom fab work on almost every part replaced. Another thing is too, he was using a MKIII, with an AHU TDI motor, not and MKIV with your PD motor. A super charger isn't going to do as much for you rather you just put a twin turbo setup. Either way, both are retarded for just a FWD car. Even if you put a LSD in, you will spin the tires everytime you accelerate.

Retarded is a matter of opinion.
      GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by sabbySC View Post
        Retarded is a matter of opinion.
        Right.....Cause I mean I'm only running close to 400lbs of torque on my FWD ALH TDI, what would I know right?
        2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
        Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Can we not turn this into an argument please.

This could be decently beneficial for a 1.8t as i was thinking earlier if used with a bigger turbo. Same as the G60 & G35 twincharged 1.8t that showed amazing results. just adding a bit of pep to the lower end until the bigger turbo can spool and take over from there.

So any more information on this offer?
          - Can you list exactly what you are offering and what is expected of the owner of the car?
          - What charges are done by whom and what results will be tested and how they will be tested?
          - Any time frames on how long testing for each SC will happen and if the SC will stay on the vehicle after the testing is complete?

Personally i have had an issue with Cam before at lightspeed in regards to a sway bar i ordered from him, nothing that ended up being his fault, he just had very poor communication and problem solving behavior and i left unsatisfied and without some parts. Either way it is a long story but i would be willing to give it another shot working with him because he seemed like he is willing to do testing and development of products which i like.

Sean

Comment

Right.....Cause I mean I'm only running close to 400lbs of torque on my FWD ALH TDI, what would I know right?
            You mean close as 290 maybe 300..on a good day.If your wheels don't stick torque means ****.

Comment

All I'm saying is it's a matter of opinion wether or not you find lack of traction to be retarded. It wasn't meant to be a personal shot, or anything like that.
              GT3071R and more...

Comment

Yeah I saw what he did. I'd never actually do that, putting a supercharger is an enormous amount of work - and money. A twin tubo setup would work great too I'm sure, but this was a thread about a supercharger so that's what I went with. I was just daydreaming about raw torque possibilities, not realities.

I think that car which I posted, the person made more modifications to make it AWD to make use of all the power from the supercharger.

Comment

Working...
                X