Anyone actually owned a Tiguan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone actually owned a Tiguan?

Re-thinking my 2nd car (yet again) after being unable to afford a new A4.

Now leaning towards a lightly used Tiguan - same 2.0T engine and I can even get a manual.

Wondering what kinds of love/hate people have had for them. Also curious what the community consensus is for software flash or upgrades. I noticed that APR has a K04/S3 conversion for only $2500.00, seems very affordable.... but drivable?

KR
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: Anyone actually owned a Tiguan?

i dunno tiguan looks a bit girly, but so do tt's right haha, i think the q5 looks much better
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart View Post
      i dunno tiguan looks a bit girly, but so do tt's right haha, i think the q5 looks much better
      I don't think you can get the manual & awd.
      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Q5 is nice but as mentioned this is a second car on a budget; Obviously if I could get a Q5 I could also get an A4 which would be my 1st choice. I can't keep driving a Porsche and buy a new Q5 :/

Possibly a bit girly but mostly I will be driving the Cayman!

Thanks for pointing out that AWD is not available with the manual. Might be willing to compromise on the AWD.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Do it.

Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I think Meyers has one...
            --
            Rod
            Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
            2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

We have one of the first ones that Northland brought in. It is the Highline with everything but NAV ($3000 package back in '08). No issues except that the turn assist lights keep burning out. I think there is a thread I started a couple years back. Once the lease is up this summer we will probably get another one.
              2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Guy at work has one, fun little ride and doesn't handle horribly for an SUV. He has had no problems with it so far, but it has only been a year and a bit now. Not sure what year it was but it is a 2.0 AWD with tiptronic. Only thing he wants to trade it for is a TDI Touareg lol

Comment

Don’t personally own one but got to drive the crap out of one at the VW Freedom tour 2 years in a row. Drove the 2.0T AWD. They handle amazing and would definitely be one of my first choices if I was looking to purchase an affordable small SUV. From what I know and have heard about them, they are well made and really reliable.
                  ~Tracy~
                  MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                  Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

My mother in law has a 2010 2.0t awd Tiguas and it is a pretty amazing vehicle. Very sure footed and quick. My only beef would be the cargo space. It just doesn't compare with my wife's golf wagon.

Comment

For a small SUV, the handling seemed decent - but that's just from a few laps at the Freeride thing last year. I'd be wanting the manual. For the earlier ones highline and manual didn't seem to be an option. That may have changed.
                      Stefan
                      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

My Mom has a 2010 and it's been great for her. I have had a change to throw it around and one at the freedrive tour last year and it is pretty sure footed for an SUV. If kids are in the picture, it would be good for a secondary family vehicle as the cargo space does fill up quickly. My daughters stroller filled up the back even with the sliding back seats. Oh and another positive, it's 2.0T 4 motion and it gets better gas mileage then my 1.8T 04 jetta wagon.
                        Last edited by Kona Bear; 02-08-2012, 05:33 PM.
                        Mike
                        '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
                        '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

No kids but it needs to be able to put a dog in the back and maybe 2 with the seats down. I will have to take another look in person.

Hard to make the call, AWD+Tiptronic vs FWD+Manual... why does VW do this to people....

Other option is still bringing up a BMW 3 touring from the states... even though it's really not very sporty to drive. I figure with the Tiguan I can chip it or install that K04 kit and it will be a riot.
                          KR
                          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I'm selling the expedition soon, you're welcome to take it for a test drive . It will haul several dogs.

The Tiguan seems like nice vehicle for touring around the city without having to worry about ground clearance. I thought they were quite pricey though?
                            Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                              I'm selling the expedition soon, you're welcome to take it for a test drive . It will haul several dogs.

The Tiguan seems like nice vehicle for touring around the city without having to worry about ground clearance. I thought they were quite pricey though?
                              Well I dunno if you saw my earlier threads but I was looking at a brand new A4 in the 50's budget, but decided it was going to cost too much - so a lightly used Tiguan should be no problem.... and more or less similar feature and space wise.
                              KR
                              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                              X