Anyone actually owned a Tiguan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone actually owned a Tiguan?

I didn't mean you specifically, I just remember some people complaining they were costly for a "4x4 golf". I'll have to price one out to see what they are worth.

Too bad your rabbit is 2 door, I need a new commuter.
    Jay

Comment

We have 3 tiguans in our family, 2 highlines, 1 comfortline. zero issues what so ever. My folks have a lab that jumps in the hatch, my brother has 2 kids and everything fits, mind you its tight. At first I didn't really care for them but they've really grown on me. I drove my parents' out to Penticton last summer and I was sold. we'll likely get one when the lease is up on our Jetta and we start having kids at that time I'm hoping a 2.0 TDI will be available!

Comment

I stuff 2 Huskies and a Lab/Dalmatian in the back of my GTI and there hasn't been blood yet.

Unless you are set on AWD you may want to consider a Golf TDI for a 'practical' car.

Comment

Originally posted by NeonGTI View Post
          I stuff 2 Huskies and a Lab/Dalmatian in the back of my GTI and there hasn't been blood yet.

Unless you are set on AWD you may want to consider a Golf TDI for a 'practical' car.
          Well we already have a Rabbit and a GTI and they are too small...
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

What about a Jetta wagon?
            2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Jetta wagon isn't available with a 2.0T - I already have the 2.5L in my Rabbit and I want to upgrade.

My Tiguan dreams have also been shattered - FWD/Manual is only available with Cloth and no options. For Leather or any other options you need to go to the Tip.

Is it too much to ask that a company makes a practical car that is also fun to drive?
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

does it have to be a hatch, or are you considering sedans as well? is leather, manual and AWD a must?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy_Boy View Post
                  does it have to be a hatch, or are you considering sedans as well? is leather, manual and AWD a must?
                  As posted previously, I need it to carry two large dogs, so I don't see how that would work in a sedan

Leather (easier to clean) and Manual are a must, AWD is not.
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Kor,

Are you against importing from the U.S?

My best suggestion is getting a B7 A4 from the states.

Here's a few:
                    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=3
                    Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

I have imported a car in the past. I'm not against it. But must be a sure thing because of the extra risk - needs to be very low miles, lots of photos, etc.

I've been looking online and it's actually been hard to find them even in the US with under 50k miles, manual, leather, and no accidents.

Also not a fan of the beige interior... not for a car I'm putting 30 grand into.
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Our Tiguan will be going back to the dealership when the lease is up in a few months. Looking at getting a 2012. My wife really likes it as a daily and I don't mind driving it in the snow like this morning. Heh, Heh.
                        2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

bought a tiggy for the wife .. love it
                          sigpic

Comment

The Tiguan has been loved by virtually everyone I have sold one to. One suggestion I can make is that you could install the mk5 r32 steering wheel and have paddle shifters on the wheel. One of the local owners has done the k04 upgrade and the flappy paddle r32 steering wheel. I will get to drive it soon and I will let you know what it's like with 330hp. BTW.. I do have a highline tiguan on the lot right now -- 2011 with sport and only 17000kms.
                            sigpicMark Terrio-Cameron and Southland Volkswagen - Call (403) 581 6875 or PM me for a great deal on you're next VW

Comment

Not sure if your into wagons but i just sold my 07 passat 2.0t wagon 6spd manual, awesome car with tons of space, their really rare to come by in manual but i strongly recomend one.

Comment

Too late, as per another thread I bought a GTI after getting tired of compromises on other vehicles. I love the GTI it's the perfect car even though the hatch space is super limited.

Thought about a Passat like that but as you say they are super rare and I was only looking for vehicles with low mileage as well - passat owners seem to drive a lot.
                                KR
                                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                                X