No announcement yet.

Any F23 Frankenturbo peeps out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any F23 Frankenturbo peeps out there?

Unitronic 2+ would be a very good RELIABLE tune, not a custom one, which might be better especially since the other guy isn't the fastest guy out there lol

Comment

Congrats on the F23!!! I've been eyeing this turbo up for a while now too.

My Uni tune is good - and Doug has been working with them to develop tunes for his products. If I were to rewind to when I bought my tune however… I'd get something a little more flexible.

Doug has also been working with the folks at Eurodyne & VAST for example… so many choices…
      Work - houzz / linkedin
      Play - haldex swap

Comment

I paid 489$usd + 20$ or so to ship to Canada, that's for the f4 tho. I am not sure how he will classify the f23 but the best bet would be to email him. He does take a day or to too respond. Even with the slow emails I would go with him again in a heart beat.

The car feels great, spool is totally controlled. No need for a mbc
        It was funny I sent him some logs the other day and he replies that the car looks like its in luxury mode and if i wanted him to turn it up or not. So we will see here soon what that is like.

And if you ever need a hand let me know an I would lie to go for a ride once it's done

Comment

Doug is awesome, he has thrown in a high performance actuator that is oem compatible. If I can actually get this photo to upload I will post it.

If the turbo is in and tuned coming up on the next meeting with the roads being good, I will bring the car.
          Photobucket

It's a thing of beauty, disclaimer does not permit me to talk about performance gains yet lol.
          Last edited by GUTTERDUB; 02-27-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I have contacted Motoza and will see what they say. I am thinking a custom tune is becoming more and more in order.

Comment

Lightspeed in Red Deer does great custom tunes.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Any dyno runs yet?
                GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by sabbySC View Post
                  Any dyno runs yet?
                  Doug has posted loads od Dino results on his frankenTT thread on vortex. Last numbers I saw were320whp 299torque.

Hopefully my shipment gets here in the next couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                    Lightspeed in Red Deer does great custom tunes.
                    Do you know anyone with their tunes?

Comment

My buddy DJ has it on his S4, when it doesnt have gremlins the tune feels awesome, but it is an S4......
                      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by GUTTERDUB View Post
                        Do you know anyone with their tunes?
                        Buddy Chris has one in his rx7 i believe, monster of a car. But Cam has very very poor customer service skills in my experiences, not too bad if you are just going to be buying parts from him.

Comment

Originally posted by GUTTERDUB View Post
                          Doug has posted loads od Dino results on his frankenTT thread on vortex. Last numbers I saw were320whp 299torque.

Hopefully my shipment gets here in the next couple days.
                          I'm familiar with Doug's dynos, I'm excited to see yours if you do dyno it. I like to see numbers at our elevation, and from end users not just manufacturers.
                          GT3071R and more...

Comment

Originally posted by sabbySC View Post
                            I'm familiar with Doug's dynos, I'm excited to see yours if you do dyno it. I like to see numbers at our elevation, and from end users not just manufacturers.
                            I will be definitely be looking to get it on a dyno ASAP afterwards..it's nice to see numbers.

Comment

So some stuff came today!! And some stuff that has come before, but soon it will all have a new home.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
                              I have finally been promised the wheels are almost done, here are the centers.Photobucket
                              Last edited by GUTTERDUB; 03-02-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
                                My Uni tune is good - and Doug has been working with them to develop tunes for his products. If I were to rewind to when I bought my tune however… I'd get something a little more flexible.

Doug has also been working with the folks at Eurodyne & VAST for example… so many choices…
                                While Uni is solid for off the shelf tunes, they're not the best when it comes to customer service and adaptability for individual circumstances, IE octane, specific setup, altitude, etc.

Eurodyne and Vast seem to scoop up much of what's left to be desired by other OTS tuning companies (REVO, GIAC, APR...). Not just for hybrid turbos on small displacement motors but Veyron fast BT S4s and such as well.

Motoza, based out of Australia, gained steam with the FT based on some B6 guys out of OZ who wanted local custom tunes for their hybrid turbo. Something the bigger OTS companies were slow to adapt towards. At least, back in the day when FT was new and the F23 was a glimmer in Slappy Dunbar's (Doug's) mind's-eye.

Among the three custom tuners, I'm sure you'll be covered very well.
                                Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                                Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                                Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Working...
                                X