Lowering springs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowering springs question

take a look into ST coilovers as well if you don't want to spend over $1000. I have run mine in the winter and never had a problem adjusting them.

Personally I hated my cup kit. if the drop isn't right your going to regret it. Unless you only wanna go down like 1-1.5"

Comment

I love how KW's ride. I have V3's in my R and that's what will be going into the bmw as well. If you're on a budget KW V1's aren't too expensive and are valved right for almost anyone that is just looking for a nice riding every day suspension setup.
      TJ
      '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
      '01 Silver S4

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
        If you are basing your opinion of "coilovers suck" from your experience with FK streetlines then you are not giving coilovers a fair chance at all. FK streetlines are some of the WORST coilovers, period. So forget all your opinions about coilovers and give them a fair unbiased chance with a set of GOOD QUALITY coils such as h&r or bilstein or konis.
        Don't judges based on my coils ahaha, I like mine but yeah don't buy them

Comment

I'm running H&R Street Performance coils in my MK6 and I like them. If you're set on the H&R spring though, it seems like lots of people on Vortex really like them. Most run them with Koni Yellows from what I've seen. For our winters though, the flexibility of the coils is really nice. It would be worth trying out some quality coils IMO, and if you don't like them then I bet you could get most of your money back selling them on Kijiji
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by danaldson View Post
            hmm im sitting on fk streetline coilovers right now. i have heard really bad things from them though haha, but i still ended up buying them. i must have gotten a good batch . *knocks on wood*
            Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
            If you are basing your opinion of "coilovers suck" from your experience with FK streetlines then you are not giving coilovers a fair chance at all. FK streetlines are some of the WORST coilovers, period. So forget all your opinions about coilovers and give them a fair unbiased chance with a set of GOOD QUALITY coils such as h&r or bilstein or konis.
            I ran FK Streetlines for a while and I honestly didn't have any issues with them

Comment

Originally posted by funkin View Post
              I love how KW's ride. I have V3's in my R and that's what will be going into the bmw as well. If you're on a budget KW V1's aren't too expensive and are valved right for almost anyone that is just looking for a nice riding every day suspension setup.
              i love my kw V2's!!
              ~~TODD~~
              '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Perhaps I should not have said that I definitely won't go with coilovers. I am just very hesitant after the FK's, but after doing a bunch of research on just running springs vs coilovers I should just sack up and go with coilovers and sacrifice some of the comfort for the looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Puppage View Post
                  Perhaps I should not have said that I definitely won't go with coilovers. I am just very hesitant after the FK's, but after doing a bunch of research on just running springs vs coilovers I should just sack up and go with coilovers and sacrifice some of the comfort for the looks.
                  If you go with a good set of coils you won't be sacrificing any comfort. V3's ride much nicer than the oem suspension that came in the R and they should be on par with the OEM suspension thats in the bmw. Just sayin'
                  TJ
                  '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                  '01 Silver S4

Comment

I've had both lowering springs and coils on my GTI and there wasn't much of a difference when it came to riding comfort. Personally i wouldn't waste your time with lowering springs. Spend a couple more dollars and get some good coilovers.
                    Kim

Comment

Working...
                    X