MK6 LED tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MK6 LED tail lights

Yeah, you're right Blair. Now that I think about it, I got the coding done before I installed the Euroswitch.

If you decide to get the LED tails, just let me know ahead of time and I'll get Ryan to bring the VAG-Com cable to the next meeting after you install them, I'll bring my laptop and code it for you. I'll just need to look up the proper coding, but that won't take me long.
    Scott
    '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
    '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
      Yeah, you're right Blair. Now that I think about it, I got the coding done before I installed the Euroswitch.

If you decide to get the LED tails, just let me know ahead of time and I'll get Ryan to bring the VAG-Com cable to the next meeting after you install them, I'll bring my laptop and code it for you. I'll just need to look up the proper coding, but that won't take me long.
      Oh sweet, thanks for that! I'll definitely let you know if I'm going to snipe them =)

After seeing various R's in Australia, the LED tails are awesome and mine are looking less pleasant every day.
      Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
        Oh sweet, thanks for that! I'll definitely let you know if I'm going to snipe them =)

After seeing various R's in Australia, the LED tails are awesome and mine are looking less pleasant every day.
        I think it is one of the first mods someone should do to a MK6 GTI. The standard North American tails are very bland in comparison. I have had nothing but compliments, the only problem is that I don't get to see them on a regular basis lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Puppage View Post
          I think it is one of the first mods someone should do to a MK6 GTI. The standard North American tails are very bland in comparison. I have had nothing but compliments, the only problem is that I don't get to see them on a regular basis lol.
          The first mod I did was the APR Stage 1 tune. It's hard to justify LED's at the time when the people behind you won't even see them ;-)
          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by driverfound
            I tried to get dealership to code it but they said they don't do that. Can coding break anything? I've only had the car for several weeks...
            Only if you change the wrong code. The lighting coding does have the ability to change the voltage but for the LED tails it is not the end of the world. If you have to go from Halogen to Xenon headlights though it's a different story.
            Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
            Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
            Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

As long as you stay in the right byte of the coding, the odds of you breaking something are pretty slim I think. I'm pretty sure the worst thing you can do would be to make the bulb out error stay on/come back on.
              Scott
              '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
              '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I still have that pesky bulb-out error showing, I just ignore it now until somebody tells me that I have a light out.
                Isaac

Comment

i did al the coding on mine and added the jumper harnesses no issues .. i have the euro switch and rear fog
                  Last edited by turbomeyers; 07-09-2013, 03:24 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I bought mine off of another guy on the forums here and threw them on the same night without coding. All lights and signals worked right away, no issues. I don't have the rear fog so that might also be another reason why I didn't need coding right away.
                    Isaac

Comment

Working...
                    X