FYI: 94 octane Medicine Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: 94 octane Medicine Hat

Not too sure how many people from Medicine Hat are on here, but I just found out the Husky/Mohawks on Southview Dr and Red Deer Dr have 94 octane. I was under the impression that 91 was the highest grade available here.

Re: FYI: 94 octane Medicine Hat

Husky has never not had 94 octane no matter where in alberta i went. Could be different in Medicine hat specifically but i could have sworn i have gotten 94 there before on my way to Sask. It's a big enough city

Comment

I have never filled up at Husky/Mohawk hence my ignorance .

Comment

When I had my 1.8t I found that Shell gas gave me better milage, and power seemed the same to the butt dyno.
        15 GTI
        65 Beetle
        87 BMW E30

Comment

Originally posted by dwvw View Post
          When I had my 1.8t I found that Shell gas gave me better milage, and power seemed the same to the butt dyno.
          I've heard numerous people say that when comparing Husky 94 to Shell 91. Apparently it feels the same, performs the same and has the same fuel efficiency
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I'll find out this weekend how Shell 91 fares against Husky 94.
            Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

I am curious as to the difference between APR's 91 file and 93 file.

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                I've heard numerous people say that when comparing Husky 94 to Shell 91. Apparently it feels the same, performs the same and has the same fuel efficiency
                I thought I felt a difference between Husky 94 and Shell 91. Who knows.
                Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberboy View Post
                  I am curious as to the difference between APR's 91 file and 93 file.
                  There is a difference.

In the 91 tune with a mix of >75% Shell 91, <25% Husky 94, the turbo kicks in at a later RPM and the power delivery is more gradual and smooth.

In the 93 tune, it's just savage. The turbo kicks in low RPM and thrusts you right off the bat. Bye bye, 2nd gear. >=D I actually have to adjust depression to make a smooth launch haha.
                  Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Anyone else notice a difference in the Husky 94 vs evryone elses 91 octane. I dont have a tune yet planning on it soon for the GLI.
                    2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by darkmanCANADA View Post
                      Anyone else notice a difference in the Husky 94 vs evryone elses 91 octane. I dont have a tune yet planning on it soon for the GLI.
                      Like I side in a few posts above, I felt that I noticed a difference though it's hard to say.
                      Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

I was under the impression that shell 91 and husky 94 were actually the same.

Shell was a true 91 where husky is a 91 with additives.

But really I have no idea, just what I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by bonfire View Post
                          I was under the impression that shell 91 and husky 94 were actually the same.

Shell was a true 91 where husky is a 91 with additives.

But really I have no idea, just what I have heard.
                          ^^^ This.
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Traditionally Mohawk/husky was blended with ethanol. Shell (or anyone else) wasn't. However that is no longer the case as almost all other now run some sort of ethanol in their fuels. Ethanol although good for octane ratings isn't as good for fuel economy.
                            2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer SS. Daily. Far from stock.

2001.5 Audi S4. Billet rs6 and everything else. FOR SALE. $6500
                            Need this car sold.

1960 Ford Falcon.

Comment

Husky 94 has ethanol - so a little worse mileage but better knock resistance… think E85 on a smaller scale

I use this pretty much exclusively… Toma has also posted about its superior performance.
                              Work - houzz / linkedin
                              Play - haldex swap

Comment

Working...
                              X