Wheel Choice Help! BBS CKs vs Miro 111s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Choice Help! BBS CKs vs Miro 111s

So I am planning to get some new summer rims this summer and I can't decide between 19" BBS CK's in hyper silver or 18" Miro 111 in the machined silver. Was just wondering about your guy's opinions on which you would choose.

Thanks!
    2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Re: Wheel Choice Help! BBS CKs vs Miro 111s

Well the CK's are going to be a lot more expensive, but that would be my choice

Pat

His
    1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
    1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
    1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
    Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

bbs hands down. why buy a rep when you can get the real thing??
      Current:
      2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
      2013 VW Jetta 2.5
      Past:
      2005 VW JTI 1.8T
      1993 VW Jetta 2.0
      1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
      1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
      1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

Why is this even a question?
        Certified 3m installer
        jwukovits@me.com
        1-403-988-9012
        Instagram @Protectit
        I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
        2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
        2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

Depends on how low your car is IMO. If you don't plan on lowering it, I'd say get the 18" Miro's so that you keep the stock proportions. I think the 19" wheels might look out of proportion at stock height. If you go for either springs or coilovers though, definitely the 19" BBS's.
          Scott
          '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
          '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
            Well the CK's are going to be a lot more expensive, but that would be my choice
            Quite a lot more expensive, but if anything, I prefer the look of 19's on the GTI. Just have to work harder if I go for CK's haha.

Originally posted by 96vwVR6 View Post
            bbs hands down. why buy a rep when you can get the real thing??
            Originally posted by boostedmk4 View Post
            Why is this even a question?
            What are the Miros reps of? I really enjoy the look of a concave wheel, but the only one that looks good are the 111s.

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
            Depends on how low your car is IMO. If you don't plan on lowering it, I'd say get the 18" Miro's so that you keep the stock proportions. I think the 19" wheels might look out of proportion at stock height. If you go for either springs or coilovers though, definitely the 19" BBS's.
            I'm planning to get koni coils and lower the car about an 1" to 1.5". Looks like the BBS are quite popular haha.
            2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

Originally posted by JustinKYC View Post
              I'm planning to get koni coils and lower the car about an 1" to 1.5". Looks like the BBS are quite popular haha.
              Yeah, clearly haha. Those coils should put you at about the same height as me, in which case I say BBS all the way!
              Scott
              '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
              '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

CK's without at doubt
                Work - houzz / linkedin
                Play - haldex swap

Comment

Hate to say it but I think the BB are the better option too.
                  Last edited by witchcraftz; 02-19-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Bbs!
                    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Quite a lot more expensive, but if anything, I prefer the look of 19's on the GTI. Just have to work harder if I go for CK's haha.

What are the Miros reps of? I really enjoy the look of a concave wheel, but the only one that looks good are the 111s.

The Miros are reps of BBS
                      Last edited by jacktown; 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM.
                      Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

No love for reps I see haha. Thanks everyone for their opinions. If I have the money, CK's seem to be the way to go. With that same money, I could get miros and some other cosmetic or performance mods. That's where I'm stuck now.
                        2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

No love for reps I see haha. Thanks everyone for their opinions. If I have the money, CK's seem to be the way to go. With that same money, I could get miros and some other cosmetic or performance mods. That's where I'm stuck now.
                          Do as you wish and what you can afford to do. But the reason why people say CK's is because you just asked BBS CK's vs Miro 111.
                          MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Originally posted by Kg810 View Post
                            Do as you wish and what you can afford to do. But the reason why people say CK's is because you just asked BBS CK's vs Miro 111.
                            exactly this. miro111's still look awesome, and if it was my money, i would probably buy the reps and as you said pick up another mod or two if you have the spending cash. Why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kg810 View Post
                              True that. What kind of things about the CK's better than the Miros other than the fact that they're reps?

Originally posted by danaldson View Post
                              exactly this. miro111's still look awesome, and if it was my money, i would probably buy the reps and as you said pick up another mod or two if you have the spending cash. Why not.
                              That's the plan perhaps haha. Biggest debate for me right now.
                              2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

Working...
                              X