Engine temperature gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Engine temperature gauge

If it is not reading the proper temps then I would venture to assume coolant temp sensor. But the guys at CAW will defs get it sorted out for you if you dont want/can't get it sorted yourself.
    Dylan

Comment

Thanks Guys, i'm gonna replace the coolant temp sensor if that doesn't work it will head promptly to CAW
      -Terry
      -2014 S4
      insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

So i went out and drove with my VAGCOM running and my engine temps seemed a little wierd, it took the gauge forever to match even close to the software. The program showed 112c and the gauge hadn't moved from 90c until the software hit about 114-120c did the gauge steadily move to one bar above red zone but the program logged a small spike that hit 130c. Then my coolant light came on and started beeping at me.(i was right outfront of my house so it was all good) this car continues to confuse me/:
        -Terry
        -2014 S4

Comment

The gauge in the car and the vagcom readings are very different. The vagcom readings will be the most accurate, the gauge in the car reads slightly false. It will display normal until the car starts to overheat and then it will move. It does not display a 100% accurate reading of what the temp actually is.

Comment

The coolant temp sensor has 4 pins, 2 for the ecu and 2 for the cluster. You have to compare the ecu readings with the instrument cluster readings to see if they match, if they don't, coolant temp sensor is a good place to start
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

pull the small return hose off from the reservoir. rev the engine. if nothing sprays out, your water pump is toast. also, i don't feel there is an advantage to using the metal one over the OEM plastic one. i have found that although the plastic breaks, it usually lasts the duration of your timing belt intervals. which works out nice. with the metal ones, i find that they tend to leak prematurely, therefore making you do the job prior to your next t-belt, a huge waste of time.
              you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Just put in the time for a thermostat and it seems to be runnin all good (: gonna actually push it tommorow. but did i coolant flush too refilled 50/50 g12 mix. (Damn i wish i researched my serpentine pully tentioner more woulda known it was spring loaded, lol would have saved a crap tone of stress)
                -Terry
                -2014 S4

Comment

Well its all fixed now (: water pump was the problem, drove it home damn i missed driving it (:
                  -Terry
                  -2014 S4

Comment

Working...
                  X