Koni vs KW V1 vs HPA SHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Koni vs KW V1 vs HPA SHS

I can't tell you much about Konica and HPA but KW V1 handles pretty amazing, had it in the Passat we have in China and the car just grips, but it is kinda jumpy even though we had the heaviest Passat (1690kg) available. It doesn't go low at all.
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
      I can't tell you much about Konica and HPA but KW V1 handles pretty amazing, had it in the Passat we have in China and the car just grips, but it is kinda jumpy even though we had the heaviest Passat (1690kg) available. It doesn't go low at all.
      Good info to know! I was told the V1s can go as low as 24" FTG on my car. Differing opinions everywhere! hahaha
      2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

Originally posted by JustinKYC View Post
        Yea that's what I've read on the golf R. I'd like to get to around 24.5" FTG and I don't think springs will do. But thanks for the suggestion. Have you decided on a set-up yet? haha
        For me, there's so many options and while I want a wishlist, my budget is stating otherwise. Right now, I'm gonna focus on the wheel setup and if it doesn't look good stock, then I HAVE to drop it lol.

If I were you though, have adjustable dampening.
        Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Kw's go plenty low for 95% of people. I don't know what you consider not low at all...
          I'll take the ride and quality of kw over the others any day. That's why I have 2 sets of them. I would go with v2's next time though
          2002 Jetta TDI
          2003 Jazz Blue GTI
          1981 Rabbit Truck Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by idlandk View Post
            Kw's go plenty low for 95% of people. I don't know what you consider not low at all...
            I'll take the ride and quality of kw over the others any day. That's why I have 2 sets of them. I would go with v2's next time though
            It's the KW V1 for Passat B6 4 Motion, I don't know how low it will go because when my dad got it installed I was only 13.... But the current height is not low at all.
            Current Fleet
            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Alright, so I decided to go with Koni's. I've ordered them along with new Mounts and Bearings. Anything else I should get? I was told to get new Axle bolts and Strut Bolts as well.
              2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm running KWv'3s and they are awesome!! And they will get you 24.5" FTG. The people at KW are very responsive when inquiring about settings(although V'1s are not as adjustable), and the lifetime warranty is the best in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinKYC View Post
                  Reason please?
                  Because racecar.

They're the most natural ride quality I've ever experienced, in normal driving and when you really push to find the limit.
                  Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                  Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                  Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

I would have recommended the KW
                    Last edited by turbomeyers; 04-13-2013, 07:25 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Replace all the bolts that you take off is what i would do. Other than the wheel bolts. LOL. I'm assuming you live in edgemont so give me a PM if you need help with the install, I don't want to spend 20$ on a strut spreader and only use it once, I can also help you with a DIY toe alignment.
                      Last edited by kujiwara; 04-13-2013, 07:29 PM.
                      Current Fleet
                      2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by GUTTERDUB View Post
                        For what it's worth, I'm running KWv'3s and they are awesome!! And they will get you 24.5" FTG. The people at KW are very responsive when inquiring about settings(although V'1s are not as adjustable), and the lifetime warranty is the best in the business.
                        Yes I've heard that too. Too much adjusting for me if I get V3s haha.
                        Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                        Because racecar.

They're the most natural ride quality I've ever experienced, in normal driving and when you really push to find the limit.
                        Nice to hear. If these Koni's don't work out maybe I'll switch over to V1s.

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                        I would have recommended the KW
                        Hopefully these will perform well as well.

Replace all the bolts that you take off is what i would do. Other than the wheel bolts. LOL. I'm assuming you live in edgemont so give me a PM if you need help with the install, I don't want to spend 20$ on a strut spreader and only use it once, I can also help you with a DIY toe alignment.
                        Gahaha will do. I'm getting concept1 to install it after finals are over. Close! I live in Hawkwood. Was also a Churchillian. THanks for the offer though!
                        2011 CW MK6 GTI

Comment

Working...
                        X