Mod Friendly VW Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Friendly VW Dealers

Are there any in Calgary? (maybe they all are?)
    I am looking to mod my Golf R and am wondering what kind of warm welcome I can expect at the dealership the next time I take it in.

Re: Mod Friendly VW Dealers

Wondering about that too. Getting my stage 1 done on thursday and was wondering the same.
    2011 CW MK6 GTI

APR Stage 1 / Koni Coilovers / 18x8.5 Miro 111 ET45 / R Tails / LEDs (Interior, Side Markers, Parking Lights, License Plate) / Euroswitch

Comment

From my experience, Fifth Ave has been really good to me when I was taking my car there and had some mods. Did warranty work on both my MK4's.

Northland tried to get me to pay for a job that was covered by warranty (Fifth Ave did it no problem) and they didn't even try and blame it on mods.

EDIT: Northland thing was quite a number of years back, not sure if things have changed, never went back.
      Last edited by BaggedGLI; 04-08-2013, 12:41 PM.
      Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

You will most likely get the same answer from everyone, but mod friendly or not, the ONLY Dealership you take your VW to in Calgary should be 5th ave Auto Haus. Forget the other 2 even exist
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Care to elaborate? Its a bit out of the way for me.

Comment

Sh!tty service and lots of horror stories vs great service and lots of good feedback from the community. Everyone's story may be different, but most will agree that Southcenter and Northland are garbage compared to 5th ave. I live in Bridlewood (Deep SW) and if I need anything from the dealership, I pack my tent and head up to 5th ave. Its well worth the drive!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

+1 for fifth avenue, great service and hands down better than northland. As far as mods go its a coin toss, ive been in for a couple issues and have been asked a few times if I had any chip tune or anything.

Comment

Man there is no way to predict. It comes down to who you get that day, if they are in a good mood, if their boss has been getting down on them, etc.

I don't think any dealership has an actual policy that is mod friendly.

They probably won't hassle you when you are there to get an oil change. If something goes wrong with the car - then I would say there is a chance that all of the dealerships will blame it partially or completely on your mods if they can make it seem plausible.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

+1 for Fifth Ave

I deal with Malstrom as per recommendation from Derek.
                  MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

there is no such thing as a mod friendly anymore, vag diagnostics are starting to auto detect chips in newer cars, so if something happens in your engine it doesnt matter how friendly the service manager is looking that day

TD1 4 life hahahaha
                    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

I'll always drive the extra 20 minutes and go to Fifth Ave. The service we've had there has always been great. I've only been to Northland once and I'd say the service was decent. South Centre has always been crap for me... Never going back again.

I've never had to get anything serviced that could be mod-related though.
                      Scott
                      '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                      '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I have several "NIGHTMARE" stories about Northland, starting with my purchase there...have had nothing but good experiences at 5th ave.
                        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Even though I bought my car from Northland, I get my car serviced at Fifth Ave after recommendations of both Eurodrivers and Beyond.ca and so far, so good!
                          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Fifth Ave is the only place I take my cars now. If you go, be sure to get Malstrom as the service rep. The others are pleasant and mean well, but in my experience don't know their stuff and rely on the book more.

Comment

I usually get stuck with Annmarie when i go to 5th ave, She has been a straight up ***** when it comes to warranty issues, "mod" related or not.
                              Curtis.

Comment

Working...
                              X