Mod Friendly VW Dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mod Friendly VW Dealers

Wow. It's amazing how word of mouth kills a companies rep. I've been helping the Hyatt group get Northland back up for the past few months. I must say when I arrived there, they were in the dumps but after getting rid of half the shop and all but one advisor and new service manager it is 100% better then it was. BTW we will warranty anything that is warrantable. The only issue you will run into is if your engine blows up due to a tune, or your strut mounts blow do to an aftermarket suspension issue etc etc. If you have a tune and your blower motor or intake manifold craps out, you still have warranty. I'll hook you up with ED discounts as well.

Except for Pat. He gets retail + 245%. So he might as well continue to go to 5th haha.

Ps. I've personally had 3 current and past employees from 5th Ave service their cars with me in the past 2 weeks. I've worked at Honda, Toyota, Infiniti, VW and I know many people in the industry in most of the dealerships in Calgary, and IMO it just goes to show that all dealerships are the same and can only do as much as the corporate hub will allow them. When you say that the dealership says they won't warranty a part, you are naive and ignorant. Dealerships make money on warranty work and will not turn it away. If a dealership tells you it's not "covered", its because your mile-aged, aged out or the part in question is modified or broken by outside influences. No other reasons fall into the warranty criteria. It's really quite simple. I fully agree that the employees that are in place to handle the customers will directly effect that customers willingness to come back for a second and third time, and that is why you see turnover in any customer service driven company. Prime example is Northlands parts dept. The entire staff are all 10+ years in the same dept and NLVW parts is the highest ranked and most profitable VW parts dept in western Canada. They must be doing something right!
    Last edited by popp; 04-08-2013, 09:27 PM.
    Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
      Wow. It's amazing how word of mouth kills a companies rep. I've been helping the Hyatt group get Northland back up for the past few months. I must say when I arrived there, they were in the dumps but after getting rid of half the shop and all but one advisor and new service manager it is 100% better then it was. BTW we will warranty anything that is warrantable. The only issue you will run into is if your engine blows up due to a tune, or your strut mounts blow do to an aftermarket suspension issue etc etc. If you have a tune and your blower motor or intake manifold craps out, you still have warranty. I'll hook you up with ED discounts as well.

Except for Pat. He gets retail + 245%. So he might as well continue to go to 5th haha.
      Great to hear you are helping out...they need it...HUGE. Word of mouth is very big Popp, and after a business or individual wrongs...or rights enough people...it spreads like wildfire.
      BTW...word of mouth...Joe at Quicksilver is probably top 3 in Calgary for wheel repairs and finishing...and I'll send him business whenever I can...and YOU pointed me in his direction...thanks again!
      Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
      Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

I took my car into northland for a water pump job and ill i can say is they did a awsome job i rolled my car into the garage the head mech took one look listened to my symptoms and away it went took a day and i had it back in the afternoon the very next day (:
        The parts people at Northland are very friendly too. From what i read and here about the old Northland they seem to have changed a lot since then. But that could just be my experience. Plus Popp is always helpful!
        Last edited by Thor; 04-08-2013, 09:40 PM.
        -Terry
        -2014 S4
        insta:Whiney_S4

Comment

Has Northland fixed their payment options yet? When I picked up my winter mats in September I had to wait 30mins just to pay because there was only one P.O.S. system available
          Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
          Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
          Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

im in and out all the time it takes like 3 minutes and the lady at the desk is super friendly, all in all north land has been turned around
            -Terry
            -2014 S4

Comment

I'll admit that I havent been to Northland for at least 5 years simply due to word of mouth (and my own crappy experiences more than 5 years ago), however any company can clean house and change for the better. Its good to hear you are helping out Popp (even though I still wont come see your for your 245% markups). Northland has been due for a change for a long time so its good to hear people are having positive experiences there. Perhaps in a year or 2 they will have the same good reputation that 5th ave has had for years!
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Popp, I commend you for changing that place around. Perhaps you should check this thread out and mention your work at hand:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/northlan...48#post3404848
                Last edited by flipstah; 04-09-2013, 08:25 AM.
                Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Last time i went to northland (for a car inspection while i was wanting to buy a GLI) the tech's were incompetent. They claimed the clutch was blown because it was hard to get into reverse, which just happened to be a shifter alignment problem from the owner not properly adjusting after installing a short shifter. I asked them if the shifter alignment could be the problem and they said that there was no way it was the problem and that the clutch for sure needed to be replaced. Needless to say the car really wasn't worth it and it was not purchased, but the fact that the tech's had such little knowledge astounded me. This was about a year and a half ago, hopefully that was before the management switched over.

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post

Ps. I've personally had 3 current and past employees from 5th Ave service their cars with me in the past 2 weeks. I've worked at Honda, Toyota, Infiniti, VW and I know many people in the industry in most of the dealerships in Calgary, and IMO it just goes to show that all dealerships are the same and can only do as much as the corporate hub will allow them. When you say that the dealership says they won't warranty a part, you are naive and ignorant. Dealerships make money on warranty work and will not turn it away. If a dealership tells you it's not "covered", its because your mile-aged, aged out or the part in question is modified or broken by outside influences. No other reasons fall into the warranty criteria. It's really quite simple. I fully agree that the employees that are in place to handle the customers will directly effect that customers willingness to come back for a second and third time, and that is why you see turnover in any customer service driven company. Prime example is Northlands parts dept. The entire staff are all 10+ years in the same dept and NLVW parts is the highest ranked and most profitable VW parts dept in western Canada. They must be doing something right!
                    Well, since all I am getting done is an oil change I booked it at Northland for Friday morning. Baby steps but if I like the people and the service is what I expect, I will go back until they prove otherwise.

Comment

Since alex has gotten there they have turned 180 from what i have heard of past stories I honestly have not been disapointed. Mech when did you go for the gli inspection?
                      -Terry
                      -2014 S4

Comment

Originally posted by Thor View Post
                        Since alex has gotten there they have turned 180 from what i have heard of past stories I honestly have not been disapointed. Mech when did you go for the gli inspection?
                        Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
                        Last time i went to northland (for a car inspection while i was wanting to buy a GLI) the tech's were incompetent. They claimed the clutch was blown because it was hard to get into reverse, which just happened to be a shifter alignment problem from the owner not properly adjusting after installing a short shifter. I asked them if the shifter alignment could be the problem and they said that there was no way it was the problem and that the clutch for sure needed to be replaced. Needless to say the car really wasn't worth it and it was not purchased, but the fact that the tech's had such little knowledge astounded me. This was about a year and a half ago, hopefully that was before the management switched over.

Comment

ahah oops didn't see that 0.o just skimmed threw on my phone
                          Last edited by Thor; 04-09-2013, 09:38 AM. Reason: errors
                          -Terry
                          -2014 S4

Comment

They haven't done anything to bring my business back. Best of luck northland but someone cant just walk in flip a switch and 2 weeks later service is better. Sales are great but service sucks plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by grcarlo View Post
                              They haven't done anything to bring my business back. Best of luck northland but someone cant just walk in flip a switch and 2 weeks later service is better. Sales are great but service sucks plain and simple
                              My sister went in looking at a used Jetta and was treated like crap. She ended up buying elsewhere which is a big deal as we live only a few blocks from Northland.
                              Tim
                              Golf 1.8T GTI MKIV

Comment

when i was a vw tech, i would warranty anything that didn't cause direct failure of the suspected warrantied part. ie; your aftermarket exhaust didn't blow out your cam seals. also, i would warrant say, upper strut mounts (on the mk4's) simply because they fail with stock suspension. but i would only do that one time for you, which i think is fair. i only ever had one vehicle where i had to get the owner to revert his car back to stock, just to confirm his issue, which i could easily have said, no. it turned out to have some internal damage but i deemed it to be mechanical failure, and not due to his tune. i warrantied to engine repair, but he was still on the hook for re-modding his car. sucks, but sometimes you have to compromise, and be up front.
                                you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Working...
                                X