Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all Mk6 guys

Originally posted by Mcrow View Post
    That's not very much torque at all. 350 N/m is about 260 ft/lb and 250 N/m is about 185 ft/lb.
    +1. That's way too low.

Statistics is always right. 58% of people agree.
    Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Typo: MQ350 should be DQ250 for 6 speed DSG transmissions, DQ200 for 7 speed.
      250 means there's a torque limiter at 250ft/lbs, so essentially 350NM. (http://www.hp.net.au/index.php/products/dq-250). Same applies to DQ200.
      http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...mit-48406.html

VW might of increased the limiter slightly on MK6s. And I'm sure the clutch wouldn't just be rated at 350NM (should be slightly higher as there's lots of tuners such as APR, unitronic etc.), it's just that the clutch plates will wear out faster and if you go too far like 400NM the clutch will be toasted.

I wouldn't say anything if I don't know much about it. Again sorry for the typo, MQ350 is a 6 speed manual VW used on anniversary MK4 GTI and newer 6 speed manual cars.

EDIT: Our chipped 3.2FSI B6 passat(around 360NM) has a little clutch slip at around 3000rpm when passing traffic, it has the 4motion version of the DQ250.
      Last edited by kujiwara; 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM.
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
        Typo: MQ350 should be DQ250 for 6 speed DSG transmissions, DQ200 for 7 speed.
        250 means there's a torque limiter at 250ft/lbs, so essentially 350NM. (http://www.hp.net.au/index.php/products/dq-250). Same applies to DQ200.
        http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...mit-48406.html

VW might of increased the limiter slightly on MK6s. And I'm sure the clutch wouldn't just be rated at 350NM (should be slightly higher as there's lots of tuners such as APR, unitronic etc.), it's just that the clutch plates will wear out faster and if you go too far like 400NM the clutch will be toasted.

I wouldn't say anything if I don't know much about it. Again sorry for the typo, MQ350 is a 6 speed manual VW used on anniversary MK4 GTI and newer 6 speed manual cars.

EDIT: Our chipped 3.2FSI B6 passat(around 360NM) has a little clutch slip at around 3000rpm when passing traffic, it has the 4motion version of the DQ250.
        this car is not dsg.... so the slippage is normal to a zf transmission
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
          this car is not dsg.... so the slippage is normal to a zf transmission
          The European 3.2FSI 4Motion B6 has DSG.
          Current Fleet
          2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

This threads getting off topic quick. So far the brands I've heard of is APR and South Bend. What's available in Calgary for VW's? I'm from Lethbridge so I doubt there's anything here. I'd rather drive up and get a clutch done there rather than order one online and get a local shop to do it, unless the dealership will do an aftermarket clutch for me.
            Justin
            MkVI CW GTI 4-Door 6MT | APR Stage 2 | APR RSC Exhaust | VWR Intake |H&R Street Performance

Comment

Tunedub has unitronic, Calgary Autoworks has Revo.
              Current Fleet
              2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                Tunedub has unitronic, Calgary Autoworks has Revo.
                Too bad Uni and Revo don't make clutches lol.

I don't think there are any other stage 2 MK6s on here other than Errol, Jacktown, and I, although Jacktown has a stage 2+ Golf R and I'm pretty sure he's still on the stock clutch. From what I've read, the stock clutch can be fine as long as you're careful with them, but if I had a manual and needed a clutch, it would be between the APR and NSB clutches for me as well. I'm pretty sure Natty could get you the APR but I'm not sure about the NSB... I know AWE Tuning sells NSB clutches and Tunerworks sells AWE stuff, so I would think you could get the NSB there.
                Last edited by CGY_GTI; 04-22-2013, 09:05 PM.
                Scott
                '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
                '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

I have not seen a clutch failure in any mk5 or mk6 cars yet. And i have chipped and exhausted around 20 of them mostly manuals. no clutch failures. If i had a clutch in mine and it went i would most defiantly do a south bend. They have the best engagement and pedal feel ,and a great price. The shop would charge about 5-5.5 hrs
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                    I have not seen a clutch failure in any mk5 or mk6 cars yet. And i have chipped and exhausted around 20 of them mostly manuals. no clutch failures. If i had a clutch in mine and it went i would most defiantly do a south bend. They have the best engagement and pedal feel ,and a great price. The shop would charge about 5-5.5 hrs
                    Thanks for the input. I was 90% sure I was just gonna go with an APR clutch but this swayed me a little bit. You've driven cars with both I'm assuming? I want easy engagement for stop and go traffic/daily driving, but also something that can put up with a lot of abuse (Autocross) Though I'll probably switch back to stock tune for racing since more power would only give me a disadvantage.
                    Justin
                    MkVI CW GTI 4-Door 6MT | APR Stage 2 | APR RSC Exhaust | VWR Intake |H&R Street Performance

Comment

Im stage 2 apr on my GTI and still on stock clutch havent had any problems yet and im a manual. Probably 25000kms on tune so fingers crossed ill be good for another 25000 then ill start looking into a upgraded clutch.

Comment

Good to know. Hope my luck is just as good. Driving up to get flashed today.
                        Justin

Comment

Working...
                        X