• Show
Clear All

Re: Volkswagen MK7 Golf Alltrack

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
    Gas
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen...=&submodel_id=
    Diesel
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen...=&submodel_id=

These of course are based on people actually knowing what engine they have an being able to input it correctly as well, but I figured it was a better representation of fuel MPG then what is wishful thinking number they throw on the car.

I haven't plugged in my alh for years now, always starts just needs a min or two on those cold mornings. Can't say how the new ones go though as I have never owned one or witnessed one trying to start that cold. They do take a little longer to warm up, with my burn my a$$ seat warmer though I don't notice much.
    My mom has a 2015 Passat TDI. That thing fires up like nothing at -20 degrees. No black either. And OEM remote start!
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
      My mom has a 2015 Passat TDI. That thing fires up like nothing at -20 degrees. No black either. And OEM remote start!
      My car was in the garage (but wasn't insulated). the garage was close to -20 on a couple occasions. I had to plug it in for it to start.

According to Fuelly the average for my car is 6.4l/100 so I'm not that far off. I know the 2.0T gas can't compare which is ok with me for the tradeoff. there are other gas cars out there that are close in fuel mileage which is what I was referring to. I'm kind of jealous of my neighbour who has a 2006 (which looks the same inside/out) gets 5.5l/100.

I know so many of you guys are huge diesel guys but I just don't see the attraction. The one thing I do like is since it does get good mileage I don't have to fill it up every 4 days like I did with my 1.8T. I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon though as it has been reliable and I should be able to drive it for a while yet.
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
        My car was in the garage (but wasn't insulated). the garage was close to -20 on a couple occasions. I had to plug it in for it to start.

According to Fuelly the average for my car is 6.4l/100 so I'm not that far off. I know the 2.0T gas can't compare which is ok with me for the tradeoff. there are other gas cars out there that are close in fuel mileage which is what I was referring to. I'm kind of jealous of my neighbour who has a 2006 (which looks the same inside/out) gets 5.5l/100.

I know so many of you guys are huge diesel guys but I just don't see the attraction. The one thing I do like is since it does get good mileage I don't have to fill it up every 4 days like I did with my 1.8T. I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon though as it has been reliable and I should be able to drive it for a while yet.
        I love my TDI, but would consider this one in a gasser. I quite like it! Probably a little ways away from anything new though. Austerity measures at the office... haha.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

This looks pretty nice for a real world example, SEL from the US.

Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I really like this Alltrack, to me it shouts: made for life in Canada.

Comment

Working...
            X