No announcement yet.

Floor Pan Swap - haldex to come...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Floor Pan Swap - haldex to come...

Originally posted by onceover View Post
    You should at least resurface the flywheel before you put it back together.
    If he has a dual mass flywheel he can't resurface it
    Current Fleet
    #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
    2001 Cobra #88/3786
    1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
    2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
    2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I may just know someone that needs your trans and axles...
      Bryan Railton
      '18 Noggy TTrs
      BBS, ABT, Milltek

Comment

You should at least resurface the flywheel before you put it back together.
        Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
        I haven't done it myself but I've heard of people successfully resurfacing DMFW's... the one on my car looks to be in fine shape though so I'll leave it alone. The new OEM clutch plate that's going on the car is just meant to get me through until I install an LSD or make more power than it can handle. Should be a few years till that happens
        Work - houzz / linkedin
        Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by GTi View Post
          I may just know someone that needs your trans and axles...
          Sure - the axles are tentatively sold but the 02M is available.

I do have some other parts available as well but I just haven't made a for sale thread yet... it's on the to do list though. In the meantime - please just shoot me a PM if you're looking for something.
          Work - houzz / linkedin
          Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
            I had a dual mass resurfaced before I decided to go LWFW. Was 65 bucks.

Comment

I'd originally planned to do some porting work on the "new" turbo and exhaust mani that are replacing my K03... two studs came out of the manifold fine but the third - no so much. I'm not sure I'll have time to port anything now but I still need to replace the hardware that I had mostly out. I tried welding a cheap wrench to the head of the stud but the wrench metal is junk and just broke away. Looks like I'll have to dremel the head of the stud off and then hopefully I can vice-grip the rest out...

With respect to the driveshaft - I decided to just source one that's the proper length and then, later, if I move the engine closer to the firewall I'll modify the short section of the driveshaft to suit. Sourcing just the rear section of the centre driveshaft from the U.S. turned out to be more expensive than what I paid for the full driveshaft and shipping from the UK... it should be here in two weeks.
              Last edited by All_Euro; 07-16-2017, 06:41 PM.
              Work - houzz / linkedin
              Play - haldex swap

Comment

Driveshaft came in yesterday. As Colin mentioned, the front sections are the same length and the back halves are different. The new driveshaft was split before it was shipped and the ends weren't sealed up at all so it was pretty messy. Didn't feel like cleaning it up at the moment so I just took a rough measurement and it looks like the difference in length is 11cm...

Last edited by All_Euro; 07-16-2017, 06:44 PM.
                Work - houzz / linkedin
                Play - haldex swap

Comment

So, I tried welding a bolt to the bolt - but it broke away just like the wrench did...

Ended up sectioning the top like a pizza...

Then the bolts I had available didn't fit. The grade, thread and pitch were good but the bolt head was too big and they had way to many threads. It was a little tedious but I decided to just machine to fit...

Last edited by All_Euro; 07-16-2017, 06:49 PM.
                  Work - houzz / linkedin
                  Play - haldex swap

Comment

Added a 12.5 lb spring to the wastegate to increase the cracking pressure a little...

As much as I've been trying to put things back together, I ended up having to pull pretty much every ancillary off the head/block. The coolant lines that attach to the block,turbo, heater core, etc are different. Thankfully I still have what I need from the TT teardown...

Last edited by All_Euro; 07-16-2017, 06:51 PM.
                    Work - houzz / linkedin
                    Play - haldex swap

Comment

Was having some trouble getting a bolt off my Fluidampr and I don't have a crank locking tool - pry bar did the trick though...

This timing belt kit is pretty cool - just align tension marks and lock it into place. No guess work...

The TT 225 oil drain line doesn't work with the hybrid oil pan that came with my car and the K03 line is too short. I tried bending the TT line to fit but no dice. Ended up having to cut the K03 line and splice in a rubber piece - will add heat shield tomorrow...

Last edited by All_Euro; 07-16-2017, 07:00 PM.
                      Work - houzz / linkedin
                      Play - haldex swap

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
                        Added a 12.5 lb spring to the wastegate to increase the cracking pressure a little...

Surely you're not serious about this

Pat

His
                        1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                        1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                        1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                        2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                        Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Surely you're not serious about this
                          I normally run more spring pressure than this but I'll be on low boost for a while so this will do. Depending where this canister cracks the WG, the additional spring should net me 17 lbs. An adjustable Forge unit would be nicer but I can get the same affect for a fraction of the cost this way.
                          Work - houzz / linkedin
                          Play - haldex swap

Comment

Or you can allow the ECU to control it with the N75 valve as it was intended. Not sure what the benefit of doing it this way is?

Pat

His
                            1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                            1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                            1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                            2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                            Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Or you can allow the ECU to control it with the N75 valve as it was intended. Not sure what the benefit of doing it this way is?
                              Yep, and that's fine at lower boost levels. At higher boost the wastegate ends up cracking open early because of inadequate spring pressure. Then the turbo has to spin harder and harder to try and meet boost demands - overworking turbo in the process. This is why the EFR lineup, for example, offers different wastgate canisters.
                              Work - houzz / linkedin
                              Play - haldex swap

Comment

Unless you are going to remove the n75 and run a MBC or aftermarket EBC and boosting over 30lbs (poor little KO4)then you are over thinking this a bit too much. If not, as Pat said just let the N75 control the boost to what ever level you want. I looks like you have a lot of room for adjustment of your actuator arm. Just preset the tension with a Mighty Vac to 12-14lbs cracking pressure. In any even you should be using a Mighty vac to set test the actual cracking pressure with or without a spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X