New to the forum with some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to the forum with some questions

I have an 02M from my GLI if you'd like a 6-speed.
    Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

Comment

so im basically stuck with the 1.8t tranny , darn im still searching for one but does anyone know how much a rebuild costs id go 6 speed and put the flow towards it but cant use much money atm i need to finish my e30 before i do anything special to this one i need it back and running its my dd
      Last edited by Turboe30; 03-27-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboe30 View Post
        so im basically stuck with the 1.8t tranny , darn im still searching for one but does anyone know how much a rebuild costs id go 6 speed and put the flow towards it but cant use much money atm i need to finish my e30 before i do anything special to this one i need it back and running its my dd
        If you like to gamble a bit -- you can go pull a transmission at pick'n'pull for $130 (+$30/core). Lots of mk4 VW's hitting these lots now.

Comment

pick and pull has no 1.8T's i already looked

Comment

Originally posted by All_Euro View Post
            I have an 02M from my GLI if you'd like a 6-speed.
            I could be wrong but doesn't the 02M require different CV axles and different spindles than the regular 1.8T 5 speed?
            Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

okay well took the tranny to the transmission shop down 52nd , he said we will give u a call monday.. so im stuck waiting or i gotta find another im searching around atm honestly this tranny job was easy so im looking for anything working with idc how much kms aslong as its in good working condition as im probably rebuilding the other one ,

well im glad i removed the tranny i had coolant leaking from 4 different hidden hoses time to clean this thing up and hide the wires a little better and get things done right

im probably gonna get the K04 turbo rebuilt has abnormal shaft play any ideas on where to get a rebuild kit from

Last edited by Turboe30; 03-27-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I have a 5spd with a hole in one case. I just have to double check I didn't toss it
                EURODYNE
                01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
                04 R32T 6266
                Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

http://www.alamoturbochargers.com

Really good with turbos .. Have used them quite a few times and they're alway have been good
                  12 Volvo XC 90
                  03 Jetta1.8T
                  95 Cabrio VRT
                  90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

http://www.alamoturbochargers.com

Used them quite a number of times and they have always been really good to deal with
                    12 Volvo XC 90
                    03 Jetta1.8T
                    95 Cabrio VRT
                    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Originally posted by VW337 View Post
                      I could be wrong but doesn't the 02M require different CV axles and different spindles than the regular 1.8T 5 speed?
                      I'm not sure actually but some would use the "opportunity" to upgrade so I thought I'd suggest it.

Looking at the followup, I see the mission is to get back on the road and preserve funds for the E30 project... so not the best option for this situation.

OP - nice looking Jetta btw and welcome - hope the repair quote is reasonable!
                      Work - houzz / linkedin
                      Play - haldex swap

Comment

i found a few trannys . 192k 250 , 132k 350 , 450 with 75k 1 year warranty , they said they will check it monday i just need a tranny if i can get it sooner i want the car out on the road i can have it in withthin 1 hours

I'm not sure actually but some would use the "opportunity" to upgrade so I thought I'd suggest it.

Looking at the followup, I see the mission is to get back on the road and preserve funds for the E30 project... so not the best option for this situation.

OP - nice looking Jetta btw and welcome - hope the repair quote is reasonable!
                        thanks , yea i would of done the 6 speed way it would of been a sick option but the e30 has to much dumped in it and just sits so im stuck finishing it and getting it ready for the dyno
                        Last edited by Turboe30; 03-27-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

picked up a transmission off some guy in ogden , now i got 1 issue everything fit perfectly BUT the cables .. to the tranny the black adjustment piece dont go over it.. ? literally cant check cuz my old trannys getting checked up but like its u see in the pic where the black links go , theres a ball there nothing that looks like that , guy said it was off a 1.8t... jetta

here is my original tranny

now the new one ...

getting it back together

Last edited by Turboe30; 03-28-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

There are early and late style shift linkage ends. It should be an easy swap of the turret top and linkage weight to the style that was on your old transmission (if you still have it). If not you can simply change the end of the linkages to the older style but the newer style is quite a bit nicer and has all the aftermarket options for aluminum inserts

Comment

okay thought the trans wasnt for a 1.8t was gonna go nuts , the install was harder than the removal , but the old trans is stuck at a shop till monday so im gonna get a bracket from pick n pull and get er done

Comment

Working...
                              X